Self Employed thank you to government
Just to say well done to the chancellor and those that fought on behalf of the self employed across the benches. It is much appreciated for millions of people who are not fiddling their books or making vast sums of money.
Well done to Rishi on that one - just checked for my B-I-L and let him know and he is over the moon. He's been really worried about where the money is coming form and this is some real relief. Good news!!
Unfortuneately the largesse hasn't extended to small limited companies (like mine) who are frozen out completely.

My business isn't threatened (yet), but plenty of my friends are.
(03-29-2020, 05:04 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Unfortuneately the largesse hasn't extended to small limited companies (like mine) who are frozen out completely.

You weren’t particularly if at all bothered when it was freelancers but yes they should do something for small limited companies.
(03-29-2020, 06:22 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 05:04 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Unfortuneately the largesse hasn't extended to small limited companies (like mine) who are frozen out completely.

You weren’t particularly if at all bothered when it was freelancers but yes they should do something for small limited companies.

Plenty of my friends are freelancers operating through a sole director limited company. It makes perfect semse to do so for compliance, liability and tax purposes. For them, there is no support whatsoever. It seems to be odd that a sole trader window cleaner can work and also claim 80% of monthly taxable profit, when limited company window cleaner cannot.