So where is the help for the self employed and renters?
This is important for millions of people and it’s not political it’s a fact. You want them / us to do the right thing then it has to be sorted ASAP.
Also what about renters? Why just those with mortgages?

We are 15% of the economy.

Not moaning for the glib posters on here many of us are extremely worried.

Fingers crossed this will be sorted out properly tomo.
(03-17-2020, 05:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: This is important for millions of people and it’s not political it’s a fact. You want them / us to do the right thing then it has to be sorted ASAP.

Shut up
Why shut up? It's a perfectly valid question? In France, Macron has suspended rent along with electricity and water bills during the lockdown (for those that can't afford it, I still have to pay mine until I go on chomage (French dole)) whilst there seems to be no protection in the UK for people self-employed or working in the gig economy.

I'd like to see a fund made available to assist with rent during this period.
Because he’s an annoying fuggin windbag, that’s why.
(03-17-2020, 06:44 PM)Fido Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 05:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: This is important for millions of people and it’s not political it’s a fact. You want them / us to do the right thing then it has to be sorted ASAP.

Shut up

No! If you don’t like the thread don’t post. It’s a valid question.

(03-17-2020, 07:07 PM)Fido Wrote: Because he’s an annoying fuggin windbag, that’s why.

Who is being personal here?
Your figures are wrong again Derek. 15% of workers are self employed. They do not contribute 15% to the economy. The amount contributed to the GDP by the self employed is £275 billion. The U.K. GDP last year was £2.8 trillion. I’m not great at maths but I don’t think that equates to 15% !

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabo...tember2019

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/grossdomesticproductgdp

Kuenssberg specifically mentioned renters in her question this afternoon and was given an answer by Sunak which he reiterated for two subsequent questions. He also said there will be more measures announced in the next couple of days. Were you not listening?

Sorry for the graphs, statistics and facts, I know you abhor them as they spoil you agenda.
By the way, I can understand you initial worry but answers are, or we are promised, coming. This is a massive problem and it will take time to sort everything. 
(03-17-2020, 08:42 PM)JOK Wrote: Your figures are wrong again Derek. 15% of workers are self employed. They do not contribute 15% to the economy. The amount contributed to the GDP by the self employed is £275 billion. The U.K. GDP last year was £2.8 trillion. I’m not great at maths but I don’t think that equates to 15% !

Kuenssberg specifically mentioned renters in her question this afternoon and was given an answer by Sunak which he reiterated for two subsequent questions. He also said there will be more measures announced in the next couple of days. Were you not listening?

Sorry for the graphs, statistics and facts, I know you abhor them as they spoil you agenda.
By the way, I can understand you initial worry but answers are, or we are promised, coming. This is a massive problem and it will take time to sort everything. 

JOK I appreciate the work you put into your replies but I’m saving my energy for more important things. Last point on this from me be it 15% of GDP or 15% workforce it’s still has to be addressed financially or what do those people do? Most freelancers clients will not be paying them because they won’t know if they can. It’s ok point scoring with me I have my reasons for worrying which I won’t be sharing in here.
(03-17-2020, 08:54 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 08:42 PM)JOK Wrote: Your figures are wrong again Derek. 15% of workers are self employed. They do not contribute 15% to the economy. The amount contributed to the GDP by the self employed is £275 billion. The U.K. GDP last year was £2.8 trillion. I’m not great at maths but I don’t think that equates to 15% !

JOK I appreciate the work you put into your replies but I’m saving my energy for more important things. Last point on this from me be it 15% of GDP or 15% workforce it’s still has to be addressed financially or what do those people do? Most freelancers clients will not be paying them because they won’t know if they can. It’s ok point scoring with me I have my reasons for worrying which I won’t be sharing in here.

Derek, you have already posted twice why you are concerned. 
If you want to save your energies for more important things, stop posting constant  criticisms on here. If you are self employed I would have thought you would be concentrating on your work during the working day not reading and posting on here.
Did you watch today’s briefing? 
Derek, I am not “point scoring” simply not letting you get away with inaccurate posts. Or do you think you shouldn’t be challenged?
(03-17-2020, 08:54 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Most freelancers clients will not be paying them because they won’t know if they can.

That's bollocks Derek, my clients are generally paying within terms - I threatened legal action yesterday to a persistent delinquent payer and they've already paid me this morning.

Part of the package issued yesterday included loans to firms so they could pay their suppliers. There is no excuse not to pay.
(03-18-2020, 08:22 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 08:54 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Most freelancers clients will not be paying them because they won’t know if they can.

That's bollocks Derek, my clients are generally paying within terms - I threatened legal action yesterday to a persistent delinquent payer and they've already paid me this morning.

Part of the package issued yesterday included loans to firms so they could pay their suppliers. There is no excuse not to pay.

It’s not bollocks. If you can’t do the actual job sat in front of the computer or similar then you won’t get paid. Companies / clients won’t or can’t pay for work that is impossible to start or complete. It has to be addressed as there a lot of people who will suffer otherwise. I hope it will be.