Isolating the over 70s
How does that work? My 80 year old dad is on his own and lives out it the sticks. Not being able to see his family would end him. Would this advise simply be advisory?
Can’t see how it’d be policed. Surely only advisory.
(03-15-2020, 09:02 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Can’t see how it’d be policed. Surely only advisory.

Are you implying the tories haven’t thought it through? Smile
(03-15-2020, 09:01 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: How does that work? My 80 year old dad is on his own and lives out it the sticks. Not being able to see his family would end him. Would this advise simply be advisory?

It's only for a little bit, Maggie, not adieu.
I've set up my folks (both late 90s) for online shopping, in case either ourselves or the neighbour who sometimes drops off stuff have to isolate. We'd just do the order for them and let them know it's on the way.

The worrying thing is that - with the old man being from Yorkshire - the thought of paying a delivery charge might knock him about more than any virus.
(03-15-2020, 09:56 AM)Ossian Wrote: I've set up my folks (both late 90s) for online shopping, in case either ourselves or the neighbour who sometimes drops off stuff have to isolate. We'd just do the order for them and let them know it's on the  way.

The worrying thing is that - with the old man being from Yorkshire - the thought of paying a delivery charge might knock him about more than any virus.

Big Grin
(03-15-2020, 09:02 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Can’t see how it’d be policed. Surely only advisory.

For people in care homes it’d be easy to implement.

Seeing as this is expected to be announced in the next few weeks I’d imagine it’d be mandatory.  Makes sense to minimise the risk of catching the virus for those at high risk.
Online shopping has gone berserk - no slots available for the next week.

I guess we wont need a second tier if everyone over 70 is doomed??
That's the end of our Brunt/Barry midfield partnership then.
(03-15-2020, 10:36 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: That's the end of our Brunt/Barry midfield partnership then.

Big Grin