Stockpiling..........
(03-15-2020, 01:10 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Went to Aldi last night to get a bottle of wine for our evening meal. Empty shelves in bread, canned foods and toilet roll sections.

I asked the checkout assistant if they were having supply issues to which she answered, "no, we'll be getting our regular daily delivery again tomorrow as usual". She then mentioned they've had to limit customers to 2 purchases per item per customer (which has opened them up to abuse) and pointed to some confiscated stock behind her, including a load of bananas.

Is this the famed Blitz spirit much vaunted in the last 3 years?

Have been in Aldi this week, checkout girl said it had been mad, people trying to buy 40 toilet rolls, 10 kitchen rolls etc. Last night I popped in, was like Soviet Russia, no milk, eggs, toilet roll, tissues, pasta, orange squash, for Gods sake, they had even sold out of dog food!
(03-18-2020, 10:48 AM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 01:10 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Went to Aldi last night to get a bottle of wine for our evening meal. Empty shelves in bread, canned foods and toilet roll sections.

I asked the checkout assistant if they were having supply issues to which she answered, "no, we'll be getting our regular daily delivery again tomorrow as usual". She then mentioned they've had to limit customers to 2 purchases per item per customer (which has opened them up to abuse) and pointed to some confiscated stock behind her, including a load of bananas.

Is this the famed Blitz spirit much vaunted in the last 3 years?

Have been in Aldi this week, checkout girl said it had been mad, people trying to buy 40 toilet rolls, 10 kitchen rolls etc. Last night I popped in, was like Soviet Russia, no milk, eggs, toilet roll, tissues, pasta, orange squash, for Gods sake, they had even sold out of dog food!

Eminently sensible idea. Fatten the pooches up and they can eat em in a month or two.
Well I'm having to socially isolate as I can't get to the door for all this fucking bogroll, pasta and tinned tomatoes.

Bugger me I hope there isn't a fire, really should've thought this through........
One thing I'd like to see would be a ban from ebay on any household goods being sold above normal retail prices. The real twats are those who are depriving ordinary folk of stuff they need, then making a whopping profit on it.

I'd actually prefer prison sentences for people doing this, but I dare say that's asking too much.
(03-18-2020, 03:53 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: One thing I'd like to see would be a ban from ebay on any household goods being sold above normal retail prices. The real twats are those who are depriving ordinary folk of stuff they need, then making a whopping profit on it.

I'd actually prefer prison sentences for people doing this, but I dare say that's asking too much.

Too much? It’s not enough, hang the cunts!
(03-18-2020, 04:32 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 03:53 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: One thing I'd like to see would be a ban from ebay on any household goods being sold above normal retail prices. The real twats are those who are depriving ordinary folk of stuff they need, then making a whopping profit on it.

Treat them the same way as racketeers during the war nothing but scum.

I had a flyer through the door about equity release today. Fuggin vultures!
(03-18-2020, 04:36 PM)Fido Wrote:

We had a flyer, from someone saying he lives in our street, ` Having been disappointed with the reaction of local authorities, I am prepared to come and disinfect the outside of houses with strong bleach, you don`t know where foxes, badgers etc may have been, one off payment of £ 55` . If I knew who it was, he would have got more than his flyer back! Many elderly in our street, who may panic and say it was best to have this bloke come round.
(03-18-2020, 04:36 PM)Fido Wrote:

Handy though if you're out of bogroll...
Called in Sainsburys Blackheath this morning (to buy some beer not bog roll)
Anyway the bog roll section was almost empty
There were very few kitchen towels too
Hardly any tinned beans toms etc
Freezers were empty
This was 7.30am!

An old fella was struggling to reach a packet of bog roll off the top shelf
So helped him out of course

As I did so a young woman (20's) dashed to the bog roll section & basically filled the trolley up

She pissed me off so much with her actions I found the security fella & grassed the greedy cow up Big Grin

Joking aside her actions disgusted me
Sums up much of whats wrong with society in 2020