Stockpiling..........
(03-15-2020, 04:58 PM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 04:46 PM)Duffers Wrote: In light of recent panic buying UK supermarkets have introduced limits.

Asda: 2 hand sanitisers, 24 toilet rolls

Tesco: 1 hand sanitiser, 18 toilet rolls & 2kg rice

Co-op: 12 toilet rolls, 1kg rice

Aldi: 2 trumpets, 1 diving suit & a MIG welder

Big Grin Big Grin

Why the fuck do people need to stockpile bog roll? All the reports of symoms that I've read, not one of em says it gives you the shits.   Rolleyes

If the virus takes hold they reckon toilet rolls will become the next currency.  They’ve named it craptocurrency.
(03-15-2020, 04:46 PM)Duffers Wrote: In light of recent panic buying UK supermarkets have introduced limits.

Big Grin Big Grin

Why the fuck do people need to stockpile bog roll? All the reports of symoms that I've read, not one of em says it gives you the shits.   Rolleyes

Think there was some scaremongering around most toilet rolls being made in China and it being one of the Commodities at risk should their production be impacted.

Ludicrous how easy misinformation is so easily spread and creates chaos... then again, Brexit.
Not saying that Villa are ahead of the rest of us but they were panic buying in august and january Big Grin
(03-15-2020, 06:10 PM)sickParrot Wrote: Not saying that Villa are ahead of the rest of us but they were panic buying in august and january Big Grin

Arf! Big Grin
(03-15-2020, 05:52 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Big Grin Big Grin

Think there was some scaremongering around most toilet rolls being made in China and it being one of the Commodities at risk should their production be impacted.

Ludicrous how easy misinformation is so easily spread and creates chaos... then again, Brexit.

I understand that the reason people in the Far East started buying toilet rolls in bulk was because of the shortage of masks.  They could fashion home made masks out of bog roll.  In Oz they just reckoned everyone was shitting themselves so they might as well too.  Ditto here.
Panic buyers = selfish cunts!
(03-16-2020, 12:03 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Panic buyers = selfish cunts!

Welcome to today's self entitled me me me world owes me a living society.
Reports in Germany of people panic buying sausage and cheese.

It’s the Wurst Kase scenario.
(03-18-2020, 09:27 AM)Duffers Wrote: Reports in Germany of people panic buying sausage and cheese.

It’s the Wurst Kase scenario.

Nice  Big Grin