Polands complete overreaction to the Coronavirus
(03-10-2020, 05:33 PM)baggpuss Wrote: A Polish girl I used to work with sent me a photo of her local supermarket shelves last week - completely bare!
Was she?!
Oops - beaten to it!
Bastard phone reckless
(03-10-2020, 06:23 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: Just been to Coop in Thurso. There are 2 cases in Shetland but none here or the Orkneys yet as far as I know - but they will be getting a lot of cruise ships soon.

Anyhow, checkout girl had sniffles and stopped to blow her nose on sone blue towel paper roll thing. I don't recall her washing or spraying her hands with any gel after (but I may have missed it as it is only occurring to me now).

But assuming she didn't, after blowing her nose she handled my shopping past the till which I then packed... a good way to spread something.

Made me wonder what instructions if any are being given to shop assistants and the like.

Also some bloke was talking to me in gents about length of time we were supposed to wash our hands after we had both been to the urinal in a pub (just before my shopping experience). I said I did that anyway but didn't think I could get the Coronavirus off my own dick. He conceded the point.

I suppose it very much depends where said member has been, eh?!? Wink
(03-10-2020, 05:23 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 05:14 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: They shut the schools, they've shut the universities, they've banned flights from Italy and China, and they have banned public gatherings (concerts etc.) of over 500 people.

Little extreme I thought considering they've only had 30 cases in total country wide.

Or decisive while Boris and his chums dither when we all know exactly what's coming.

Do we?
(03-10-2020, 05:14 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: They shut the schools, they've shut the universities, they've banned flights from Italy and China, and they have banned public gatherings (concerts etc.) of over 500 people.

Little extreme I thought considering they've only had 30 cases in total country wide.

Or decisive while Boris and his chums dither when we all know exactly what's coming.

When you say dithering, do you mean following the advice of the Chief Medical Officer and The Chief Scientific Officer. Careful, there are one or two on here who believe religiously in experts.

Have you got enough toilet rolls by the way?
(03-10-2020, 07:55 PM)JOK Wrote:

When you say dithering, do you mean following the advice of the Chief Medical Officer and The Chief Scientific Officer. Careful, there are one or two on here who believe religiously in experts.

There are a few who would believe Mark Francois and Nigel Farage before they believed experts this is very true... I believe Nigel was very scathing of the governments position on the Coronavirus on Newsnight last night. Next week Mark Francois is going to be a judge on Masterchef.
(03-10-2020, 08:00 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

There are a few who would believe Mark Francois and Nigel Farage before they believed experts this is very true... I believe Nigel was very scathing of the governments position on the Coronavirus on Newsnight last night. Next week Mark Francois is going to be a judge on Masterchef.

There are a good many who seem to ignore Chris Witty’s assertion that the populous would become “fatigued “. with the containment measures if they were implemented too soon. The very types who are saying the authorities are “dithering “ and who are needlessly and selfishly hoarding loo rolls.

I have no interest on what a sidelined politician says.  I think you need help, by the way, with your obsession with Farage.
Anymore political stuff and thread is going to the echo chamber.
(03-10-2020, 08:31 PM)JOK Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 08:00 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

There are a good many who seem to ignore Chris Witty’s assertion that the populous would become “fatigued “. with the containment measures if they were implemented too soon. The very types who are saying the authorities are “dithering “ and who are needlessly and selfishly hoarding loo rolls.

I have no interest on what a sidelined politician says.  I think you need help, by the way, with your obsession with Farage.

I doubt the people stockpiling toilet rolls have any meaningful opinion on what the experts are saying. You are making quite a leap tying people who are sceptical of this government handling of the situation and the people who are hoarding food and toilet roll etc. Given one of them was Rory Stewart this morning and health experts not associated with the government.

I don’t know whether they are handling it well or not only time will tell but it’s interesting to see experts are now to be listened to again after Gove fir example said we had “had enough of experts”
Just an update live from here, Poland has gone a bit mental and I'm glad I'm leaving tonight. They are shutting the bars, restaurants, pubs, coffee shops etc.. for 10 days from Sunday. They have also closed their borders and will deny all incoming flights from Sunday. Only internal flights allowed. It's unbelievable Jeff!