Polands complete overreaction to the Coronavirus
They shut the schools, they've shut the universities, they've banned flights from Italy and China, and they have banned public gatherings (concerts etc.) of over 500 people.

Little extreme I thought considering they've only had 30 cases in total country wide.
(03-10-2020, 05:14 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: They shut the schools, they've shut the universities, they've banned flights from Italy and China, and they have banned public gatherings (concerts etc.) of over 500 people.

Little extreme I thought considering they've only had 30 cases in total country wide.

Or decisive while Boris and his chums dither when we all know exactly what's coming.
A Polish girl I used to work with sent me a photo of her local supermarket shelves last week - completely bare!
Nothing wrong with before the horse has bolted but its coming here . Having Cheltenham and paddy's day parade is wreckles.
(03-10-2020, 05:33 PM)baggpuss Wrote: A Polish girl I used to work with sent me a photo of her local supermarket shelves last week - completely bare!

How do you know what she was wearing when she sent you the photo?
(03-10-2020, 05:33 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: A Polish girl I used to work with sent me a photo of her last week - completely bare!

Edited for you.  Big Grin
(03-10-2020, 05:36 PM)Old Stroller Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 05:33 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: A Polish girl I used to work with sent me a photo of her last week - completely bare!

If only!!  Big Grin
(03-10-2020, 05:36 PM)Old Stroller Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 05:33 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: A Polish girl I used to work with sent me a photo of her last week - completely bare!

Arf. That made me chuckle.

(03-10-2020, 05:23 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 05:14 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: They shut the schools, they've shut the universities, they've banned flights from Italy and China, and they have banned public gatherings (concerts etc.) of over 500 people.

Or decisive while Boris and his chums dither when we all know exactly what's coming.

Yep, Solihull Council requested on Monday that people ditch their cars and use public transport to get to work today for a greener environment.  You couldn’t make it up.  tiTs
(03-10-2020, 05:34 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Nothing wrong with before the horse has bolted but its coming  here . Having Cheltenham and paddy's day parade is wreckles.

Oh no!  NOT the wreckles!!
(03-10-2020, 06:23 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: Just been to Coop in Thurso. There are 2 cases in Shetland but none here or the Orkneys yet as far as I know - but they will be getting a lot of cruise ships soon.

Anyhow, checkout girl had sniffles and stopped to blow her nose on sone blue towel paper roll thing. I don't recall her washing or spraying her hands with any gel after (but I may have missed it as it is only occurring to me now).

But assuming she didn't, after blowing her nose she handled my shopping past the till which I then packed... a good way to spread something.

Made me wonder what instructions if any are being given to shop assistants and the like.

Also some bloke was talking to me in gents about length of time we were supposed to wash our hands after we had both been to the urinal in a pub (just before my shopping experience). I said I did that anyway but didn't think I could get the Coronavirus off my own dick. He conceded the point.
Sad but true. There are a lot that need to be told how to wash, to wash after using the toilet, to cover their mouth when they cough or sneeze. Don't even start me on those that hawk up and gob in the street.  Bloody depressing.