O’Shea a CB ?
(03-04-2020, 09:53 AM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(03-04-2020, 09:52 AM)Gzbaggy Wrote:
(03-04-2020, 12:01 AM)Squid Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 11:41 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 11:34 PM)Sliced Wrote: He's very young. He's not there yet but he's not had many professional games at this level.

Joelinton a lot bigger and stronger than most he’ll have dealt with before... he’s only played CB at League 2 level... Joelinton knew he had the beating of him and took full advantage.

He’s a young lad who’ll learn a lot from tonight’s experience.

Exactly. Tonight will have been a good match for all our youngsters. It's the only way they learn.

Plus 1

How good were GMac, JO and John Wile in the air at his age?

GMac was a draughtsman at 20 I'm pretty sure, didn't turn professional until he turned 24.

And Jonas had just made his debut in the Swedish leagues.

John Wile was years ago and isn’t comparable... but given he was playing a bit part role in a side that finished bottom in the third tier, probably, not great.
(03-03-2020, 11:29 PM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: I’ve read a few comments along the same lines but to me he’s no where near commanding enough in the air to play CB at this level 

Decent FB, but that said in my opinion based on ability in the air and delivery Furlong should be playing there. 

I suspect stats would show he doesn’t win much in the air (Amiobi won everything against him for Forest couple of weeks ago)  

This will polarise opinion I’m sure, and he was okay tonight but I don’t see what some others see in him at all

Think I’ll take Slav’s view of Dara’s potential, guessing he knows a tad more about it