Ben Foster
(03-02-2020, 04:10 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Talk of Spurs looking at him. Keeper's who look after themselves can play until 40, possibly more. Big Ben is as good, if not better, than he has ever been. feel sorry for SJ following in his footsteps- it's a bit like anyone after Fergie at United.

Didn't he say his knees were f** 3 years ago?
(03-03-2020, 04:53 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 04:10 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Talk of Spurs looking at him. Keeper's who look after themselves can play until 40, possibly more. Big Ben is as good, if not better, than he has ever been. feel sorry for SJ following in his footsteps- it's a bit like anyone after Fergie at United.

They get a lot better when you are paid tens of thousands a week.
(03-03-2020, 04:58 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 04:53 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

They get a lot better when you are paid tens of thousands a week.
So that's what works for HRK. Not the turmeric?
I must get some of that money for my knees...
(03-03-2020, 01:54 PM)ferencpuskas Wrote: Johntone never leaves his line or comes out to catch a ball, unless his area is free of opponents, ok, he occasionally punches , which then only makes it anybodys ball, probably the opposition ! Why haven't these basic goalkeeping attributes been addressed by the coaching staff.                
Johnstone does not rate anywhere in the top keepers in this league. Ok he occasionally flies around and pushes one round the post, but he definitely lacks basic positional play, indeed there are better keepers in the lower levels. God help him if we go up l

Because basic keeping now is all about shot stopping and distribution and as a club we seem to have subscribed to that completely. 

Do I agree? No. Does it matter if I do or not? No. Bilic does agree and he rates Johnstone very highly it seems.