Sick to death of this
(02-15-2020, 07:16 PM)tiptontown Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 06:58 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 06:53 PM)Pipes of Peace Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 06:47 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Yes but, if he was Mr Fantastic from the Fantastic 4 (other similar 'super heroes' are available) then he could have elongated his body by 2 - 3 more feet and would easily have stopped both goals. And not being a strecthy super hero is definitely SJ's fault, and that of our goalkeeping trainers who haven't taught him how to do it.

I mean look at Hoult, that bloke could stretch... * allegedly*!!!!!

Can’t believe we didn’t sign mr fantastic instead. Booooo.

(02-15-2020, 06:50 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Johnstone didn't do anything wrong today. Bartley troubled me more, a few clumsy moments from him.

They had one shot on target all day. Maybe the defence did pretty well?

I think they did, i'm just saying Bartley who I feel has been a lot better this season compared to last can have moments where he's clumsy and makes errors. Not a fair comment?

Bartley had no choice but to go for the ball, Grabban was free behind him. It was a good cross with our defence facing the goal. The ball could possibly have been taken by Johnstone to take the pressure off Bartley going for the ball. It's a weakness in Johnstone's game. I think most would agree.
Most sensible observers wouldn't agree that any fault for their first goal was down to Johnstone.
Hang on, a lot on here would blame Johnstone for the coronavirus, so they must be right.
(02-15-2020, 07:33 PM)74bus Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 06:47 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Yes but, if he was Mr Fantastic from the Fantastic 4 (other similar 'super heroes' are available) then he could have elongated his body by 2 - 3 more feet and would easily have stopped both goals. And not being a strecthy super hero is definitely SJ's fault, and that of our goalkeeping trainers who haven't taught him how to do it.

(02-15-2020, 06:50 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Johnstone didn't do anything wrong today. Bartley troubled me more, a few clumsy moments from him.

I think they did, i'm just saying Bartley who I feel has been a lot better this season compared to last can have moments where he's clumsy and makes errors. Not a fair comment?

Bartley had no choice but to go for the ball, Grabban was free behind him. It was a good cross with our defence facing the goal. The ball could possibly have been taken by Johnstone to take the pressure off Bartley going for the ball. It's a weakness in Johnstone's game. I think most would agree.
Most sensible observers wouldn't agree that any fault for their first goal was down to Johnstone.
Hang on, a lot on here would blame Johnstone for the coronavirus, so they must be right.
Watch the replay. By the way I've been very supportive of Johnstone. I think most sensible observer's would agree it is a weakness of his, crosses around the six yard box.

Correct
Check my posts I’ve never been an SJ basher.

His first position on the 2nd was poor. He’s a yard too far to the left. It’s an acute angle that doesn’t hit the side netting. It’s a poor goal to concede as a keeper.

He’s made some brilliant saves this season, this one I think he should’ve done better.
Ok then your saying Johnston was at fault for the 1st, { I don’t think he was } does that mean baggie fans flavour of the Month in keepers that Samba was at fault for forest goal . This witch hunt on our keeper who is in goal for the side that stands top of the championship, is bloody ridiculous. Just because he took over from yours and my favourite keeper in Foster and he played for the vile there is no need to treat him like a parasite. He is a very capable keeper and with our support could get. better.
You will never please some of these fuckers with SJ .what they forget that foster went on strike and fucked off and they are treating him like jesus christ .....he isnt our player get over it .......get behind the keeper you never know he actually like your support and give him the confidence .
(02-16-2020, 12:27 AM)The liquidator Wrote: You will never please some of these fuckers with SJ .what they forget that foster went on strike and fucked off and they are treating him like jesus christ .....he isnt our player get over it .......get behind the keeper you never know he actually like your support and give him the confidence .

It's not a witch hunt. Some of us just don't think he is very good. I wish he was better, he has improved this season, but has very obvious flaws in his game.
(02-16-2020, 12:27 AM)The liquidator Wrote: You will never please some of these fuckers with SJ .what they forget that foster went on strike and fucked off and they are treating him like jesus christ .....he isnt our player get over it .......get behind the keeper you never know he actually like your support and give him the confidence .

Call it what you want. I've praised him on here when he's deserved praise. But if you really think, after having 2 years where we can hardly keep a clean sheet, where he's been in goal virtually every game, that he doesn't have a weakness commanding his area, coming for balls, taking the pressure off our back 4 in the twitchy parts of games then I don't know what you're watching.

He is a good shot stopper in quick situations and most of the time he does the basics ok but, like with today's game where he had nothing to do, when you need him to just once take the danger out of the situation , be brave, take control he comes up short.

I'd have been way more happy to see him come for that ball, that was 8 ft from his line , clatter Bartley , drop the ball and see it ricochet into the goal.

It's not a witch-hunt but he's the only undroppable one in a defence that has hardly kept a clean sheet in 2 years. Now maybe Bond isn't good enough either but a clear and obvious weakness can be worked on so you either have to blame Johnson or the coach for not making any change in 2 years.
Have you thought that the previous managers know what they are talking about than the likes of us .not all of them can be wrong .
'When' we get promoted, some of our players will be replaced. That's the way of football. Assuming everything is as it is now, wouldn't the goalkeeper be one of the first positions you'd look at? 

Some of the criticism of him has been way over the top. He's competent for this league and he wouldn't be a disaster in the premiership, but as others have said, there is obvious flaws in his game.