BBC4 and Tears for Fears tonight
Incredibly underrated band in my humble opinion- three excellent albums 83-89 and at least 10 excellent songs, but you only hear Everybody wants to rule the world.
Agree. They were a band in their own universe too. I can't imagine any mainstream bands now getting to write a whole album about a type of therapy.

Their vocals were something special too. I'm biased by the 80s really were a time of great vocalists.
(02-15-2020, 12:29 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Increrdibly underrated band in my humble opinion- three excellent albums 83-89 and at least 10 excellent songs, but you only hear Everybody wants to rule the world.

+1 correct sir we are not worthy.
They are phenomenal

The End

Songs From The Big Chair is off the scale

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
I quite like TFF, although Seeds of Love is a song that needs sealing in concrete and dumping in the North Sea.
Saw them last year . All the big tunes were sung, they were still excellent .
(02-15-2020, 12:29 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Incredibly underrated band in my humble opinion- three excellent albums 83-89 and at least 10 excellent songs, but you only hear Everybody wants to rule the world.

A bit like The Human League and Don't You Want Me. Pale Shelter is one of the great forgotten songs of the 80s.
(02-15-2020, 10:55 AM)dublinalbion Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 12:29 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Incredibly underrated band in my humble opinion- three excellent albums 83-89 and at least 10 excellent songs, but you only hear Everybody wants to rule the world.

A bit like The Human League and Don't You Want Me. Pale Shelter is one of the great forgotten songs of the 80s.

Boom. You'll do for me kiddo. +1 million
Weren't they one of these very rare bands who sent off a couple of speculative tapes to record companies and got signed up off the back of it?

Disagree with the bit about Everybody... Which radio station do you listen to?