Livermore and Sawyers
Just to clarify, I’m not suggesting Brunt for Sawyers long-term, but right now Sawyers needs a rest and maybe also a kick up the arse.

Sawyers is effective when he can give it to Pereira or Diangana/Phillips to make something happen, or a full back joining in. With Diangana out, Pereira suspended and defences knowing they can double up on Phillips, we need something different on Saturday.
Agree about sawyers,very good player but playing too deep in my opinion he’s creating bugger all
Sawyers problem is whet he doesn’t do off the ball, not so much on the ball. He’s hopeless defensively.
(01-28-2020, 10:27 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Sawyers is massively over rated. I couldn’t understand the rave reviews even when we were winning.

Thanks for that backside, I thought I was the only one who thought the same! Even the tv "pundits" rave about him!
(01-29-2020, 03:07 PM)Mickyfudge Wrote: Agree about sawyers,very good player but playing too deep in my opinion he’s creating bugger all

Look at Sawyers at Brentford - played  further up field, created and scored goals.
Even as a huge admirer of Brunty, I wouldn't recommend dropping him into the Sawyers position. We tried that disastrously last season when we got closed down and put under pressure straight away. Maybe if Barry was next to him it would work, but that uses up half our midfielders before even looking at the attack.
(01-29-2020, 03:10 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Sawyers problem is whet he doesn’t do off the ball, not so much on the ball. He’s hopeless defensively.
Bravo Backside. Been saying this for ages.
(01-29-2020, 03:22 PM)ferencpuskas Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 10:27 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Sawyers is massively over rated. I couldn’t understand the rave reviews even when we were winning.

Thanks for that backside, I thought I was the only one who thought the same! Even the tv "pundits" rave about him!

My thoughts as well fwiw.
(01-29-2020, 07:44 PM)clem4england Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 03:10 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Sawyers problem is whet he doesn’t do off the ball, not so much on the ball. He’s hopeless defensively.

#metoo

So disappointing. He doesn't seem arsed lately. I was raving about him at the start of the season but watching him now is so frustrating. He doesn't make himself available for any forward passes and seems to have got really lazy defensively.
(01-29-2020, 08:38 PM)devonstroller Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 07:44 PM)clem4england Wrote:

#metoo

So disappointing. He doesn't seem arsed lately. I was raving about him at the start of the season but watching him now is so frustrating. He doesn't make himself available for any forward passes and seems to have got really lazy defensively.

Could Matt Phillips do a job there ? I remember  a couple of decent performances last year