Scottish FA
I see they’ve banned heading the football for all school kids

No substance to the rumor it was based on a trial carried out by our back four in recent weeks  Big Grin

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
They banned it 20 years ago in Burke’s school.
This move will take away one of the key skills in football and in the long term it will make Scottish football on the world stage the equivalent on non-league / park football ..... oh hang on a bit.
Berahino to the SPL - 110% ITK
Jeff's Law.
Being taLL, I used to use my head a lot on the pitch. Waterlogged footballs on a grey winter's day used to shake my brain.

Maybe a ban on using your head is called for.
Banned heading a case ball in training for under 12's, so it's not likely to change matches too much. I coach my son's U12 team and we don't do a lot of heading in training anyway to be honest so it wouldn't affect us too much. As it happens my son is mostly a centre half and loves a good header at a defensive corner (as mentioned above he probably hasn't learnt it watching our defence)
I headed a 'caser' once. It was soaking wet and weighed a ton. Never again.

Then some bright spark invtned the "Wembley Trophy" and there was no looking back...

[Image: CYSUHu5WcAAutU6.jpg]
(01-16-2020, 02:20 PM)Bloke who lives abroad Wrote: I headed a 'caser' once. It was soaking wet and weighed a ton. Never again.

Then some bright spark invtned the "Wembley Trophy" and there was no looking back...

That ball brings a flood of happy memories back
(01-16-2020, 02:30 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 02:20 PM)Bloke who lives abroad Wrote: I headed a 'caser' once. It was soaking wet and weighed a ton. Never again.

That ball brings a flood of happy memories back

Reminds me of when they got punctured by rose thorns and the repair job consisted of heating up a knife on a gas ring and heat sealing the hole.

And when the wind caught the bugger on a beach and you'd be legging it down Barmouth/Weston/Tenby/other beach like Allan Wells/Sonia Lannaman.

Happy days.