Swansea Memories
(12-05-2019, 10:07 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: How about 3-3 at home in the early 80s ?

Or the game at home in the early 90s under Gould (2-2 ??) When Graham Roberts scored a screamer ?

That’s the 2-3.  Thornber hat trick in 10 mins

That 3-3 home draw is an early memory. 3 up at HT and we blow it
(12-05-2019, 10:08 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 10:07 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: How about 3-3 at home in the early 80s ?

Or the game at home in the early 90s under Gould (2-2 ??) When Graham Roberts scored a screamer ?

That’s the 2-3.  Thornber hat trick in 10 mins

That 3-3 home draw is an early memory. 3 up at HT and we blow it
Those are the two.

The 3-3 we conceded 3 in the last 15 mins.
(12-05-2019, 09:50 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote: Always felt they were a bogey side for us. They were Div 4 when they beat us in the FAC

The Barmy season was a 0-0 away and dire 2-3 home defeat. At least we reacted by signing Superbob

The P.O. year was 0-0 away and a 3-0 midweek win around Easter. Andy Legge always seemed their best player

I spoke to Andy Legg on Halfords Lane after the 2nd leg as he was leaving. Seemed like a decent chap and said that he thought we'd go up and I don't think he was just being polite . We showed a bit of interest in signing Legg shortly after if I remember right. Decent winger with a beast of a throw-in from what I remember.
Been about 4 times the one year we went in their end on the halfway line a full coach load wasnt the best idea .....the fa cup match was freezing cold was icy all day and the away match in the 1st leg mcpharland was it scored a own goal .
(12-05-2019, 05:21 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: The home leg in '93 is unquestionably one of the all time occasions at The Hawthorns.

But who was at the Vetch a few days earlier?

Shit ground, terrible weather, and packed in like sardines under the roof that covered only part of the away terrace.

Thank you, Daryl. You made it possible.

Heroic goal that by Burgess as he always looked like he would get clobbered if he went for it and he did. He put his body on the line for that goal that day and missed the PO final because of it.

Loved The Burge.........
Was that play off game shown on a live beam back?
Play off 1st leg. Horrible night and a shithole of a ground. As we made to drive away at the end a group of Swansea urchins were stood on the edge of the footpath and proceeded to throw their chips at us! I was thinking at the time .. poor sods, may not get another hot meal for a day or too.

One other visit.. Friday night 0-0. Decided at the last minute to go and got there just before end of the 1st half. Turnstile taffy made us pay full only to be bored shitless. As mentioned before, Cardiff fans got in and started the Ayatollah.
(12-05-2019, 11:19 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Been about 4 times the one year we went in their end on the halfway line a full coach load wasnt the best idea .....the fa cup match was freezing cold was icy all day and the away match in the 1st leg mcpharland was it scored a own goal .

Andy McFarlane scored the oggy. Think he was from Dudley or somewhere local
Been about 4 times the one year we went in their end on the halfway line a full coach load wasnt the best idea .

Snap I was on that coach , that was the day I Realised that Welsh really do not like the English.
Didn’t go, but seem to remember the 0-0 Friday night game had the score graphic on the end of season video but no actual footage of the game.

The FA Cup game was the most grim away trip I can ever remember.