Tammy Abraham
(12-04-2019, 11:23 PM)Idiodyssey Wrote: I read a review of relegation candidates in the last week based on data analysis - mainly xg I think (infogol) - and they tipped villa to be relegated.

Watford, Norwich and one other IMO. My money would be on Brighton. Hope it's Villa.
(12-04-2019, 11:23 PM)Idiodyssey Wrote: I read a review of relegation candidates in the last week based on data analysis - mainly xg I think (infogol) - and they tipped villa to be relegated.

They play Sheff U, Southampton, Norwich and Watford in successive games over the Xmas period... after those 4 games I think you’ll see if they’re going down or not... sadly there seems worse sides in the division and they’ll no doubt spend more of the Egyptian millions in Jan.
Not a single Albion fan would have preferred Abraham over Gayle last season, yet Abraham is star of the show at Chelsea and Gayle rots on the bench at Newcastle. It doesn't seem right.
(12-04-2019, 11:31 PM)Ampadu\s Left Boot Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 10:20 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 10:12 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 09:59 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 09:17 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: On the flip side you have to say with gritted teeth that 5th placed Wolves look a very decent side

Every time I see Wolves, they just seem to coast through games, not really impressing or playing any form of exciting decent football but they’re just very efficient and get results. Just heard they’re 10 PL games unbeaten now, which is very impressive.

Correct. V good unit

They also have a lot of luck with injuries, they seem to play the same XI every week and just keep it ticking over.... against Sheffield Utd they made no subs and then started 10 of those players again tonight!

Nuno was asked before the season started about them having a small squad considering they would be playing in Europe and he said he didn't see this season as any different than playing in the Championship and that he was happy with the size of his squad. I wonder how much of it is luck or just good fitness coaching?

Good coaching, good scouting, signing the right players and never changing the system helps. A very good side fair play to them. 

Helps when you've got unlimited access to the Mendes talent pool at big discount rates, but I suppose you've still got to pick wisely.
(12-05-2019, 11:44 AM)Squid Wrote: Not a single Albion fan would have preferred Abraham over Gayle last season, yet Abraham is star of the show at Chelsea and Gayle rots on the bench at Newcastle. It doesn't seem right.

In fairness to Abraham he’s played his hand well. He had the chance to bail out last Jan and join Wolves IIRC but declined as he suspected this opportunity at Chelsea was coming. And to be absolutely fair to him he has taken it.
(12-05-2019, 11:57 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 11:44 AM)Squid Wrote: Not a single Albion fan would have preferred Abraham over Gayle last season, yet Abraham is star of the show at Chelsea and Gayle rots on the bench at Newcastle. It doesn't seem right.

In fairness to Abraham he’s played his hand well. He had the chance to bail out last Jan and join Wolves IIRC but declined as he suspected this opportunity at Chelsea was coming. And to be absolutely fair to him he has taken it.

Agreed.

Wolves were very close to getting him for £15m... but he correctly anticipated he’d get game time with Chelsea this season and gambled to stay put.

Whilst it looks like he’d have been an absolute coup for the dingles, it would have stopped Villa’s promotion for sure. Only they could spawn a promotion off Chelsea’s transfer ban!
At the risk of sounding Cuzer-esque, Abraham staying at Chelsea at the time was more down to issues during the negotiation (or at least that was the major factor) rather than choosing to stay at Villa because he thought he'd have a chance in the Chelsea first team.

I'm not ITK about anything Albion, and next to nothing outside of Albion! But I am aware of that

Things certainly worked out well for him. I must admit I didn't expect him or Mount to be doing as well as they have
(12-05-2019, 12:32 PM)Sliced Wrote: At the risk of sounding Cuzer-esque, Abraham staying at Chelsea at the time was more down to issues during the negotiation (or at least that was the major factor) rather than choosing to stay at Villa because he thought he'd have a chance in the Chelsea first team.

I'm not ITK about anything Albion, and next to nothing outside of Albion! But I am aware of that

Things certainly worked out well for him. I must admit I didn't expect him or Mount to be doing as well as they have

Interesting.

In fairness I thought Mount was head and shoulders above any player we faced last season. I had a regular argument all season with a Villa supporting “friend” about how Mount was far better than Grealish so I’m glad he’s stepped up so well.
Good call. He's only 20 as well. His potential is unbelievable
Mount looked good last season.
Abraham looked shite each time we faced Villa.