Shan article
A good read.

I'd like to see him get a go at management somewhere. Walsall would be a great fit.

Sky sports interview
Why hasn't he reemerged elsewhere? Either on his own, or with Moore, Jones or Appleton.

Rhetorical question. I dont know the answer.
(12-04-2019, 09:39 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Why hasn't he reemerged elsewhere? Either on his own, or with Moore, Jones or Appleton.

Not sure. You'd have thought the phone would have been ringing off the hook in the summer from lower league clubs looking for a manager/coach that had just been shown what he can do.

It makes me wonder wether Albion gave him a nice gardening leave bonus that ended if he took another job so he spent some time with his new baby with a few quid rolling in and now wants back in.

Very surprised BD didn't try and take him to Donny though. Chose to take another one of our young coaches instead.
Helping out at the Villa FFS
(12-04-2019, 09:45 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 09:39 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Why hasn't he reemerged elsewhere? Either on his own, or with Moore, Jones or Appleton.

Not sure. You'd have thought the phone would have been ringing off the hook in the summer from lower league clubs looking for a manager/coach that had just been shown what he can do.

It makes me wonder wether Albion gave him a nice gardening leave bonus that ended if he took another job so he spent some time with his new baby with a few quid rolling in and now wants back in.

Very surprised BD didn't try and take him to Donny though. Chose to take another one of our young coaches instead.

Re: Shan & Moore @ Donny - that's pure Career Management. Not a great idea to appoint the guy entrusted with the role after you were last sacked (and arguably did a better job than you) especially when he has already made his ambitions to be a No1 so public. 

Immediately puts yourself under pressure and gives your Board a ready made Caretaker / Successor

Shan made it clear he wanted to be a #1 somewhere so even if DM or MA had approached him to join Lincoln or Donny I’d imagine he’d have said no.

The snobbery around ex players means Shan probably only has one crack at getting a manager’s job so needs to choose that position wisely... I imagine there hasn’t been the right opportunity yet between the financial clusterfucks and batshit chairman that tend to make up leagues one and two.

Agree Walsall could be a very good fit for him when they finally decide Clarke is clueless.

Now this is one of the rare cares where I'm ITK.
He lives round the corner from me and although I don't know him directly, I know some one who knows him well.
He's had some offers, but his wife is very settled in the area and they're local W Mids people. He's having a game trying to accommodate his wife's nest making with his own ambitions. It's all understandable enough.
I believe he'd make a great boss at Walsall.
(12-04-2019, 10:37 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Now this is one of the rare cares where I'm ITK.
He lives round the corner from me and although I don't know him directly, I know some one who knows him well.
He's had some offers, but his wife is very settled in the area and they're local W Mids people. He's having a game trying to accommodate his wife's nest making with his own ambitions. It's all understandable enough.
I believe he'd make a great boss at Walsall.

Depends how far down `the pyramid` he wants to look. Kiddy Harriers need a manager.
(12-04-2019, 10:31 AM)HUGHIE REED31 Wrote: Helping out at the Villa FFS

Noticed that!

Dodgy
(12-04-2019, 10:33 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote:

Re: Shan & Moore @ Donny - that's pure Career Management. Not a great idea to appoint the guy entrusted with the role after you were last sacked (and arguably did a better job than you) especially when he has already made his ambitions to be a No1 so public. 

Immediately puts yourself under pressure and gives your Board a ready made Caretaker / Successor

A bit like appointing Graham Jones as your number 2, I suppose.