Any Ultra Runners out there?
Hats off to the nutters.
(11-16-2019, 04:51 PM)Mr vertical Wrote: 191 just outside Chester. Must be headed for the Wirral. Very slow progress now.. must be torture.

113kms. Bloody hell.

Ah - been watching him, doing well and one of the leaders!
Chap I know is doing it as a 'chained team' (3 chained together) and is at Gloucester!!!
Been having a few checks in today, theres a guy near frickin Birkenhead! The guy in london is mental!
The guy near Birkenhead is my mate Lee. Mental.
(11-16-2019, 09:12 PM)Mr vertical Wrote: The guy near Birkenhead is my mate Lee. Mental.

Jebus! Shame as looks like he's backed himself into a corner! Fair play to him for getting all the way up there anyway! What an effort!
(11-16-2019, 09:12 PM)Mr vertical Wrote: The guy near Birkenhead is my mate Lee. Mental.

Incredible effort - congratulate him from me!
It'll be interesting to see how old the guys who made it to London(!) are. He's completely obsessed with running and has deliberately run his events this year at a slower pace to prep for this. Hopefully he can still walk Smile

Edit: he came 5th. We had a brief chat on WhatsApp and he says his legs disowned him for 24 hrs.
(11-17-2019, 09:22 AM)Mr vertical Wrote: It'll be interesting to see how old the guys who made it to London(!) are. He's completely obsessed with running and has deliberately run his events this year at a slower pace to prep for this. Hopefully he can still walk Smile

Edit: he came 5th. We had a brief chat on WhatsApp and he says his legs disowned him for 24 hrs.

Currently trying to register for next year but the site is clogged!  Sad

Edit - Wahey - I'm in!!!