Jovan Malcolm
Haven't Brentford done this??
(11-15-2019, 12:41 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Haven't Brentford done this??

Correct. They now take players who’ve been released on at about 18 and play them as a B-team.
(11-15-2019, 01:25 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Correct. They now take players who’ve been released on at about 18 and play them as a B-team.

It's a great idea if you think about it. Just let the big 6 have academies and then pick up their inevitable cast offs and polish them up.

The FA would be screwed if clubs the size of us all just stopped the academy system. Maybe that's what it needs to be threatened with.
(11-15-2019, 01:40 PM)Peachy Wrote:

It's a great idea if you think about it. Just let the big 6 have academies and then pick up their inevitable cast offs and polish them up.

The FA would be screwed if clubs the size of us all just stopped the academy system. Maybe that's what it needs to be threatened with.

Its a good idea. We can't retain the cream, so recruit players that are in our market.
(11-15-2019, 01:50 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 01:40 PM)Peachy Wrote:

Its a good idea. We can't retain the cream, so recruit players that are in our market.

Not sure I agree with it... I mean we’ve got several academy players in our side at the moment and we’ve more than funded the academy over recent years.

It’s frustrating that players are cherry picked, but we should take pride in the set up. Even if players use us as a stepping stone, it just means more and more will come as we have a track record of I I guess games to them or giving them a big move... and it’s a revenue earner for us which we badly need.