Liam Gallagher
Watched him last night at the NIA got to say he was very good and his voice has improved compared to 2 years ago .....might go to cologne in Feb to see him again only need flights and hotel as I can get free tickets to it .........
I liked Oasis but can't stand him. Parody of himself.
(11-13-2019, 07:51 AM)albion_pigeon Wrote: I liked Oasis but can't stand him. Parody of himself.

Saw him at Glasto this year and wasn’t overly impressed. Shame really as I loved Oasis in the early days.

Noel’s recent solo output is pretty decent.
(11-13-2019, 08:02 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 07:51 AM)albion_pigeon Wrote: I liked Oasis but can't stand him. Parody of himself.

Saw him at Glasto this year and wasn’t overly impressed. Shame really as I loved Oasis in the early days.

I have liked all his solo stuff to be fair Duffers.

He is what he has always been a very solid, consistent songwriter. But like any other songwriter not everything can be of the standard of say a 'Masterplan'. 

He is also good at arranging his songs in a way that shows them at their best. When Oasis were at their weakest (relatively speaking), it was usually because of the arrangements used not because the songs were poor.
(11-13-2019, 08:29 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 08:02 AM)Duffers Wrote:

I have liked all his solo stuff to be fair Duffers.

He is what he has always been a very solid, consistent songwriter. But like any other songwriter not everything can be of the standard of say a 'Masterplan'. 

He is also good at arranging his songs in a way that shows them at their best. When Oasis were at their weakest (relatively speaking), it was usually because of the arrangements used not because the songs were poor.

I’d Who Built The Moon is the best album by anyone Oasis related since The Masterplan.

Saw him at the London Palladium over the summer and he was excellent.
I went last night too, not expecting much as last couple times I have seen him, his voice was awful. However, got to say, he was very good last night. Enjoyed it.
He’s grown on me a lot the last few years. Sticks to being a twat, but a funny one, and doesn’t take himself too seriously. Give me him any day over rock stars preaching political stuff at us and taking themselves too seriously like so many do as they get older (same as Hollywood actors love to).
(11-13-2019, 10:55 AM)richbaggie Wrote: I went last night too, not expecting much as last couple times I have seen him, his voice was awful. However, got to say, he was very good last night. Enjoyed it.

Cigarettes and alcohol topped it up when he decided to do that at the end as it wasnt on his playlist