Rico Richards
(11-12-2019, 07:25 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 02:25 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 12:39 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Spurs. City, Liverpool and Arsenal all sniffing apparently.

Fucking parasites the lot of 'em. 

Why can't they produce their own talent?

They do but they just buy everyone else's best players too and stockpile them. There is no deterrent for them with the £200k figure set so low. It's disgusting that the FA/Premier league continue to allow it.

I've said for a long time that that figure needs to change in line with transfer fee's. It's been £200k for the last 10 years.

If clubs had to pay £2m for a 14/15/16 year old they might think twice. It's made far too easy for them with the figure being so low.

We managed to negotiate a decent fee for Rodgers but he had a good contract I believe. I think Richards runs out so I expect another Louie Barry/Izzy Brown stitch up.

It’s only £200k if they move to a non-English club.  If they move to an English club then compensation is payable on a case-by-case basis and City have helpfully set the benchmark with the Rogers compensation.

Sadly not much use when Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund or Rangers or Celtic come knocking
(11-12-2019, 09:25 AM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 12:39 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Spurs. City, Liverpool and Arsenal all sniffing apparently.

They do but they just buy everyone else's best players too and stockpile them. There is no deterrent for them with the £200k figure set so low. It's disgusting that the FA/Premier league continue to allow it.

I've said for a long time that that figure needs to change in line with transfer fee's. It's been £200k for the last 10 years.

If clubs had to pay £2m for a 14/15/16 year old they might think twice. It's made far too easy for them with the figure being so low.

We managed to negotiate a decent fee for Rodgers but he had a good contract I believe. I think Richards runs out so I expect another Louie Barry/Izzy Brown stitch up.

It’s only £200k if they move to a non-English club.  If they move to an English club then compensation is payable on a case-by-case basis and City have helpfully set the benchmark with the Rogers compensation.

Sadly not much use when Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund or Rangers or Celtic come knocking

Izzy Brown was 200k to Chelsea IIRC. And Dhanda to Liverpool.

The fee needs to go up in line with other transfer inflations over the last 10 years. These big clubs should easily be forking out a couple of million if they want to Nick the best players. Also Having a big sell on % like cuzza says is a great idea. Then if they still want to go ahead good luck to them.

It's just far too easy for them to find pocket change and stockpile the best kids.
(11-12-2019, 10:08 AM)Peachy Wrote:

The fee needs to go up in line with other transfer inflations over the last 10 years. These big clubs should easily be forking out a couple of million if they want to Nick the best players. Also Having a big sell on % like cuzza says is a great idea. Then if they still want to go ahead good luck to them.

It's just far too easy for them to find pocket change and stockpile the best kids.
A long story, but here you go. A lass I work with has a football mad daughter, who played in Albions kids set up, they have mixed teams up till age 13 or whatever. The said daughter was subsequently signed by Birmingham City Ladies I believe.
In the mixed team, we had a lad playing up front, banging goals in, his family were rough as anything, turned up in an old Vauxhall with different coloured doors, wings etc. Suddenly, the lads Dad told the Albion kids coach that his son had lost interest, won`t be coming again etc.
A few months later, Albion kids played another kids team, and the opposition coach mentions this lad, now banging in goals for Man Utd kids, ( or Liverpool, Man City, can`t remember ). Our coach popped round the lads house, his Dad now had a brand new motor, new double glazing etc.
Capitalism for you.
See Joval Malcolm who got four v the bin dippers on Saturday is now also linked with them

After Rodgers and Barry I hope we tie these pair down, looked a right handful Saturday

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(11-12-2019, 10:08 AM)Peachy Wrote:

Brown and Danda left in summer 2013.  Laws have changed since then. City wouldn’t have paid so much to us for Rogers if they hadn’t needed to!
(11-12-2019, 02:47 PM)Cuzer Wrote: See Joval Malcolm who got four v the bin dippers on Saturday is now also linked with them

After Rodgers and Barry I hope we tie these pair down, looked a right handful Saturday

Cuzer

Easy to say"tie them down". But not so easy in practice, as we all know.,.
Which youngsters, all of them? 
Who decides?
Legally for v good reason, noone can tie kids down...
Frustrating. But the answer has to be, as above, with a sell on clause, an appearance clause too.
I wonder whether UEFA, the FA, are on to this?
JP raised it a few years ago...
Let's hope the slight shift towards us seeming to have learnt our lesson recently continues. At the moment, attitude of family is key, as it was with Soule.
More pressing is it’s gone very quiet on Ferguson, O’Shea and Edwards’ deals...