Options for Jake replacement?
(11-10-2019, 10:52 AM)lesley Wrote: Is it definite that Gareth Barry won’t be ready?
It’s two weeks before we play again.

He needs PL2 games. There are none scheduled till after we play Sheff Wed.
(11-10-2019, 10:51 AM)spudgun Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 10:43 AM)Pragmatist Wrote: Am I the only one concerned that Barry “won’t be ready” in 2 weeks time? He trained with us for many weeks to prove his fitness before we gave him a contract for the rest of the season. When is he likely to actually be match fit?

Training is one thing, match fitness is completely different. Maybe we can line up some practice games over the next 2 weeks to see if we can get 60 minutes out of him against Wednesday

That’s my point - he was training for a long while with us before we gave him a contract. Surely at that point he should have been just about ready for practice games to get him match fit. At this rate he won’t be ready until Xmas.
(11-10-2019, 11:08 AM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 10:43 AM)Pragmatist Wrote: Am I the only one concerned that Barry “won’t be ready” in 2 weeks time? He trained with us for many weeks to prove his fitness before we gave him a contract for the rest of the season. When is he likely to actually be match fit?

Training is one thing, match fitness is completely different. Maybe we can line up some practice games over the next 2 weeks to see if we can get 60 minutes out of him against Wednesday

That’s my point - he was training for a long while with us before we gave him a contract. Surely at that point he should have been just about ready for practice games to get him match fit. At this rate he won’t be ready until Xmas.

he couldn't play recently due to the contractual issues with Everton
(11-10-2019, 11:08 AM)Pragmatist Wrote:

Well, there is only one way he can possibly get match fit. I think start with Barry and Krov with a plan B in mind for half time. Possibly Brunty on, or Ahmad with Semi stepping forward.