Greasy Jack
(11-08-2019, 07:58 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 07:02 AM)aj21 Wrote: I think he’s a great player and should be in the squad. He shouldn’t be compared to Sancho and Rashford as he doesn’t play where they do, although Villa have been playing further forward lately. I hate the Villa with a passion but recognise he’s an excellent player albeit a diving cunt

He does have to be compared to Sterling/Rashford/Sancho. Southgate typically plays 4-3-3 so Grealish would either be one of the front three (in competition with those above) or as a #10, up against Mount/Maddison/Alli.

Disagree, he is best in the centre of midfield behind two holder, he’s progressive with the ball and can carry it. Rashford, Sterling and Sancho are forwards. Anyway, even if he was in the squad he wouldn’t be starting. I don’t really give a fuck and he’s a cunt cos he plays for Villa.
(11-08-2019, 10:04 AM)MGalea Wrote: Fuck me there’s a lot of love going on for this twat!

He’s not garbage but some heads need wobbling. Getting talked up like an all time great because he’s got a stupid hair cut and some little shin pads.

Effective for a mediocre premiership team. No better then a Neil Redfern, Lee Bowyer, James Morrison. All different types of players yes.

I couldn’t give a fuck about the English National team but if Southgate really wants to win the Euros he is not going to help when put up against the very best.

.... Is a very accurate summary.
Flatters to deceive. OK, he isn't totally crap (mores the pity), but anyone who believes the hype needs to watch more games. It takes more than strutting around like a showpony to really make an impact. Maybe start by scoring a few goals and creating chances regularly?
(11-08-2019, 03:09 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 10:04 AM)MGalea Wrote: Fuck me there’s a lot of love going on for this twat!

He’s not garbage but some heads need wobbling. Getting talked up like an all time great because he’s got a stupid hair cut and some little shin pads.

Effective for a mediocre premiership team. No better then a Neil Redfern, Lee Bowyer, James Morrison. All different types of players yes.

I couldn’t give a fuck about the English National team but if Southgate really wants to win the Euros he is not going to help when put up against the very best.

Flatters to deceive. OK, he isn't totally crap (mores the pity), but anyone who believes the hype needs to watch more games. It takes more than strutting around like a showpony to really make an impact. Maybe start by scoring a few goals and creating chances regularly?

4 goals and 4 assists so far this season.
(11-08-2019, 12:36 PM)aj21 Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 07:58 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 07:02 AM)aj21 Wrote: I think he’s a great player and should be in the squad. He shouldn’t be compared to Sancho and Rashford as he doesn’t play where they do, although Villa have been playing further forward lately. I hate the Villa with a passion but recognise he’s an excellent player albeit a diving cunt

He does have to be compared to Sterling/Rashford/Sancho. Southgate typically plays 4-3-3 so Grealish would either be one of the front three (in competition with those above) or as a #10, up against Mount/Maddison/Alli.

Disagree, he is best in the centre of midfield behind two holder, he’s progressive with the ball and can carry it. Rashford, Sterling and Sancho are forwards. Anyway, even if he was in the squad he wouldn’t be starting. I don’t really give a fuck and he’s a cunt cos he plays for Villa.

So as I said he’s up against Mount, Maddison, Alli and Barkley (who Southgate picks regularly) to play in that role.

He’s not getting ahead of all of those.
(11-08-2019, 03:13 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 03:09 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:

4 goals and 4 assists so far this season.

and if he maintains that all season, which he has never previously managed, then I'll listen. Until then, he's behind Mount, Barclay and Maddison. It's not that I don't rate him, that assist in the VP play off semi when he drew our entire midfield is an example of what he can do. It's more that he doesn't do it often.
(11-07-2019, 02:35 PM)Duffers Wrote: Not in the England squad again. 

I can hear the wailing of Seals down here in London.

Any reason why he would be ?
[Image: 75561501_2163077907333564_54200714699567...e=5E415E9F]
I like this one as well :-

Quote:You have to say that when it comes to losing possession in dangerous positions, Jack Grealish is world class #TOTAVL #AVFC pic.twitter.com/rN0Jtl2ToX
— Keith Bumdungeon (@HaveScored) August 10, 2019
[Image: EBoO4RqX4AQlNcx.jpg]