Rats leaving the sinking ship
And that's the pisser. Luckily for old codgers like me I only have a few years left, I've feathered my nest and am in a comfortable position (fingers crossed), but my kids are around your age (30 and 23) and like you are just starting out in life and that's where I get so angry about the whole mess.

I don't mind if I'm not on the winning side in a fair contest, but this has just been lies after lies and it's all been hoovered up along with the unicorn and lion stories that we will never see. If there was an ounce of honesty in all of them they'd be able to spell out the benefits, but they can't and stick to slogans and politicking - It stinks to high heaven but lets deliver what the people want, get Brexit done and stop dithering.
(10-31-2019, 04:39 PM)The liquidator Wrote: You cant get Brexit through a remain parliment that's why they are cunts not going through with the wishes off 17.4 million voters

Manu people probably voted leave thinking their vote was a shot across the EU’s bow against further widening and deepening—not because they wanted to end European cooperation per se. Not all the 17 million wanted a ga-ga act of economic nihilism.
(11-01-2019, 03:03 PM)Winst_Baggie Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 03:06 PM)billybassett Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 02:32 PM)The liquidator Wrote: We all know it wont be over you dont get it do you it's not about my generation who benefits it might be my kids but more my grandchildren it's not all about now it's the future.

Rees-Mogg himself has said it may take 50 years for Brexit to deliver benefits. I suppose in universal terms that's a grain of sand in the Sahara. Means my kid is screwed and his kids (my grandkids) because he'll be worse off while raising them. So it will be my great grand kids. FFS it's worth it though lol

I’m 27 and about to become a father for the first time (I also work on a European Project – so as things stand I’ll lose my job in 2022.) So by the time we see any benefits I’ll be 77!!! So both me (and my child) are going to spend our entire working lives surrounded by shite, before my grandchild benefits from the sunlit uplands?

The fact that I’m supposed to think this shower of shite is great because of the supposed benefits to my unborn child’s unborn children is exactly why it’s so easy to label Brexiteers as thick and deluded.

Exactly!
50 years for benefits.

So I'll be dead, or nearly dead, my son will be close to retirement.

Once again, why are we better off out? Bear in mind due to automation the world will be a very, very different place by then, no menial jobs left, vast, vast majority of jobs will need specific skills.

No one has yet given one tiny bit of evidence why leaving is better.
(11-03-2019, 07:08 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: 50 years for benefits.

So I'll be dead, or nearly dead, my son will be close to retirement.

Once again, why are we better off out? Bear in mind due to automation the world will be a very, very different place by then, no menial jobs left, vast, vast majority of jobs will need specific skills.

No one has yet given one tiny bit of evidence why leaving is better.

That’s because there aren’t any.
Nobody knows that it's like the workers rights scenario I asked for black and white evidence but there isnt any it's all guess work imo.
(11-03-2019, 11:45 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Nobody knows that it's like the workers rights scenario I asked for black and white evidence but there isnt any it's all guess work imo.

I have you black and white evidence there was no guarantees.
We live in a grey world, especially in November.
(11-03-2019, 11:51 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 11:45 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Nobody knows that it's like the workers rights scenario I asked for black and white evidence but there isnt any it's all guess work imo.

I have you black and white evidence there was no guarantees.

Show me the 100% evidence ......you said you couldn't give it me .