ifs and buts
He's been injured all season and turned us down in the summer.

How he'd have scored all those goals from the treatment table I'm not sure.
If we’d have signed Messi we’d have scored 20 more goals.
We are were we are regarding players till Jan so although its frustrating CA as struggled for goals does it really matter who scores as long as we win ?
(10-25-2019, 06:22 AM)albion_pigeon Wrote: Don't look back in anger.

I know, I was rhyming "don't look back at Gayle, I heard you say..." in my head when I read that post. Big Grin
(10-24-2019, 07:21 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: If I’d asked that girl out in 98 at the Christmas party instead of her leaving early as she was flying to New Zealand the next morning to meet her brother, then how different things could be as I met my wife a week later.

If only I hadn't missed the 140 from the Kings Head to Blackheath en route to Rowley college in the winter of 1984. I feel sure I would've met and banged Linda Lusardi or some other sex crazed nymph on board and we'd have lived happily ever after in my parents council house in Smethwick. The rain water trickling down it's walls meeting the rising damp, merging as one in a symbiotic reflection of our eternal love for each other. Or not. Sliding doors indeed.....
If we'd signed Gayle he wouldn't have been in the situation that saw ee crocked, unless ye believe in predestination.
(10-24-2019, 09:36 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 09:29 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 07:21 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: If I’d asked that girl out in 98 at the Christmas party instead of her leaving early as she was flying to New Zealand the next morning to meet her brother, then how different things could be as I met my wife a week later.

Incest.

Terrible that.
Seriously. It was a sliding doors moment. All possibly changed my life on that moment. Point being we can’t look back at Gayle. Let’s see what the season will bring.

I bet you've looked her up on the internet to find out what she's doing!

Come on - be honest!
I was only two numbers off winning a tenner on the lottery this week.

If only I could wind the clock back and pick the right ones instead.
(10-25-2019, 03:18 PM)Pneumann Wrote: If we'd signed Gayle he wouldn't have been in the situation that saw ee crocked, unless ye believe in predestination.

Hecwas injured early off season, before we'd have had any chance to sign him. Even then He. Turned. Us. Down. We couldn't warrant 15 miilion or so on a player who seems to only do it in this league.
(10-25-2019, 07:41 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 03:18 PM)Pneumann Wrote: If we'd signed Gayle he wouldn't have been in the situation that saw ee crocked, unless ye believe in predestination.

Hecwas injured early off season, before we'd have had any chance to sign him. Even then He. Turned. Us. Down. We couldn't warrant 15 miilion or so on a player who seems to only do it in this league.

I stands corrected.