Charlton H triv
(10-25-2019, 07:39 AM)Mancbaggies Wrote: Purse is some shout. Was at that game too - dire 1-2 home defeat a week after the Pesch hat trick

He liked scoring for the opposition did Purse. Especially when he played for us........... Undecided

I wonder if we've ever had a player that scored more own goals than him? Now there's a quiz question!  Big Grin

<edit> just checked and it was only the two own goals in his 22 games. Home to Boro and that debacle at Fratton Park. I remember leaving in injury time only to hear the cheers from the home end as Lau Lau bagged their late winner to win it 3-2. We were fucking shite that day and the scoreline flattered us.
(10-25-2019, 08:15 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 07:39 AM)Mancbaggies Wrote: Purse is some shout. Was at that game too - dire 1-2 home defeat a week after the Pesch hat trick

He liked scoring for the opposition did Purse. Especially when he played for us........... Undecided

I wonder if we've ever had a player that scored more own goals than him? Now there's a quiz question!  Big Grin

<edit> just checked and it was only the two own goals in his 22 games. Home to Boro and that debacle at Fratton Park. I remember leaving in injury time only to hear the cheers from the home end as Lau Lau bagged their late winner to win it 3-2. We were fucking shite that day and the scoreline flattered us.

Purse had a decent goal scoring record for a CB, but never bagged for us!
Purse did take pens though tbf
(10-25-2019, 08:15 AM)Peachy Wrote:

He averaged about 1 in 10 as a goal scorer, so he pretty much kept his average up with us, just in the wrong net!

(10-25-2019, 09:43 AM)Statto Wrote: Purse did take pens though tbf

Fair point statto.

And we weren’t really built to win pens that year...
Anybody remember the home game in 2007/08 against Charlton when they had to wear Blue WBA shorts because they hadn't brought a change pair along with them?
(10-25-2019, 10:25 AM)Winst_Baggie Wrote: Anybody remember the home game in 2007/08 against Charlton when they had to wear Blue WBA shorts because they hadn't brought a change pair along with them?

Aye - satisfying 4-2 home win under Mowbray. Recall

Luke Steele had 2 shots on target and conceded 2. 1 from a one legged iwelumo 

JT murdered Hodgkiss all game. Great acquisition Thomas. 

Brunt and Gera combined brilliantly 

Pardew was Charlton boss.
Anyone else go to the miserable 2-0 defeat at Selhurst Park under Barmy Bobby?
(10-25-2019, 06:09 PM)4-hero Wrote: Anyone else go to the miserable 2-0 defeat at Selhurst Park under Barmy Bobby?

Yup