Songs we no longer sing ...
(10-23-2019, 05:27 PM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: Now that The Shrine is all seated, you don't hear "seats are evil, seats are evil" so much anymore.

First time I really remember hearing it was in reaction to the Halfords Lane stand complaining about the treatment meted out to Laurie Cunningham by the Valencia left back in the famous UEFA Cup game in 78.

That was a cracker!
Kick him in the cock, kick him in the cock, kick him in the cock with a size ten doc oh yeah, oh yeah

Hit him in the head, hit him in the head, hit him in the head with a baseball bat oh yeah, oh yeah

Two nice little ditties from the 80's
(10-23-2019, 05:27 PM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: Now that The Shrine is all seated, you don't hear "seats are evil, seats are evil" so much anymore.

First time I really remember hearing it was in reaction to the Halfords Lane stand complaining about the treatment meted out to Laurie Cunningham by the Valencia left back in the famous UEFA Cup game in 78.
Seats are eeee-vul was sang quite a lot in the 80s as well, mainly aimed at the Halfords. 

Anyhow being the inclusive club we are( hence my dad going to the Albion rather than the Dingles in the 
mid 70s) there were a few Sikh Albion fans in the seats at Sunderland away in 1988. Of course Albion fans sang Sikhs are eeee-vul rather than seats are eee-vul.
I recall, just once mind,
`When the ball hits the net with the force of jet its Scott Dobie,
When the balls in the goal it`s not Shearer or Cole it`s Scott Dobie`.
I used to like the following, which hasn't been aired for a while (as far as I'm aware anyway):

And it's Wolverhampton, wondering what to do, cause they're totally outclassed by the boys in white and blue