Manchester Arndale stabbings
(10-13-2019, 09:43 AM)The liquidator Wrote:
(10-13-2019, 08:14 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(10-13-2019, 05:57 AM)Fido Wrote: New York doesn’t have an even distribution of wealth yet crime was cut dramatically through a zero tolerance approach.

(10-13-2019, 06:05 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Hit the fuckers hard like fido said no fucks given sick and tired of pampering to these tossers who think they can do what they like .

I always think it’s worth checking the facts first before making ill informed comments. New York cut crime but from a ludicrously high mark. If you compare London and New York (similar sized cities), London still has a lower murder rate despite the spin about hard hitting crime crack downs.

New York compared to London

You dont have to compare anything they cut crime by having zero tolerance that's the way to do it .....and I would have a 3 strikes for violent crime ......enough is enough let the rats rot .

What? Of course you have to compare to assess what does and doesn’t work and why things happen. We seem to be entering a new dark age where reason, facts, enlightenment, science, experts are distrusted in favour of simple black and white solutions to complex problems.
(10-13-2019, 09:43 AM)The liquidator Wrote: You dont have to compare anything they cut crime by having zero tolerance that's the way to do it .....and I would have a 3 strikes for violent crime ......enough is enough let the rats rot .

But they didn't cut crime rates. They didn't even stay the same - they went up! 

What they did is force out all the people who couldn't afford a minimum £700000 two-bedroom apartment to a shit area and increased the policing where the rich and tourists went.

Funnily enough, crime went down in the rich, highly policed areas (which they publicised) and went up in the poorer areas where the policing budget had been cut. (which they didn't)
It's always been like that not just in New York it's all around the world .......why should you have the undesirables in your nice area let the rats live together if that's what they desire .
(10-13-2019, 09:56 AM)The liquidator Wrote: It's always been like that not just in New York it's all around the world .......why should you have the undesirables in your nice area let the rats live together if that's what they desire .

So those that can’t afford to live in the nicest areas are undeserving of decent police presence, decent amenities etc? Are you in a wind up or do you believe this nonsense?
(10-13-2019, 09:56 AM)The liquidator Wrote: It's always been like that not just in New York it's all around the world .......why should you have the undesirables in your nice area let the rats live together if that's what they desire .

You're right, you should be able to choose where you live. I have no problem that. What I do object to is when forced eviction and relocation is dressed up as a victory against crime. 

By the way, you do realise if your family income was less than the combined £150000 needed to get a mortgage to buy the two-bedroom apartment (and that was after discount) you would have been one of the 'rats' and 'undesirables' that would have been made to move in the forced redevelopments?

Looks like someone who is 'bigger' than you who is also 'looking after no.1' has just taken your 'nice area' and made it his. Leaving you forced to look for somewhere in a high-crime shit hole with no police coverage.

What are you going to do about it? I'm guessing you would probably vote for them.

Turkeys and Christmas springs to mind...
I watched the excellant Simon Reeve programme travelling thru Americas. He went to Vancouver where every morning they forcibly clear the streets of homeless people and throw all their belongings in the trash can.
(10-13-2019, 10:02 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

So those that can’t afford to live in the nicest areas are undeserving of decent police presence, decent amenities etc? Are you in a wind up or do you believe this nonsense?

He really does. His old avatar was from a UK off-shoot of an American far-right organisation that credible sources have reported has links with white supremacist groups. Apparently, he doesn't know how it got there...