Team for Cardiff
(10-03-2019, 12:37 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Can’t see it being the game for the Croat, Colin will set them up deep and to play on the counter and for set pieces, can only see Krovinovic dropping too deep again

Edwards for Phillips and Austin for HRK would be the only potential changes but I’d be tempted to leave Phillips in

Cuzer

Exactly the reason he should play for me, Cuz. We will need tricky ball players, not pace against Cardiff. 

I would look to start a team akin to what finished at Leeds. 

Johnstone

Furlong Ajayi Bartley Gibbs (if fit)
Livermore
Phillips Periera Krovinovic Edward's
Zahore

Subs: Bond, Ferguson, O'Shea, Sawyers, Diangana, HRK, Austin

I would look to have those front 5 really narrow in and around the box and use the 2 full backs as the iver lapping width. Matty Phillip's should be tasked with playing as almost a second striker.
Krovinovic and Pereira seem to have a great understanding together. We were excellent when they were together on Wednesday. I'd start both on Saturday and rest Diangana
(10-03-2019, 09:20 AM)Dumbo Wrote: .............Johnstone..............
Furlong Ajai Bartley Ferguson
.......Sawyers Livermore.......
Diangana Krovinovic Pereira
................Austin.................

Bond, Gibbs/Townsend, Phillips, Brunt/Harper, Edwards, HRK, Zohore

I think that's how we'll set up. Personally I'd have Zohore as the striker.
Clarnet v2.0
(10-03-2019, 12:51 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 12:37 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Can’t see it being the game for the Croat, Colin will set them up deep and to play on the counter and for set pieces, can only see Krovinovic dropping too deep again

Edwards for Phillips and Austin for HRK would be the only potential changes but I’d be tempted to leave Phillips in

Cuzer

Exactly the reason he should play for me, Cuz. We will need tricky ball players, not pace against Cardiff. 

Johnstone

Livermore
Zahore

I would look to have those front 5 really narrow in and around the box and use the 2 full backs as the iver lapping width. Matty Phillip's should be tasked with playing as almost a second striker.

Why are you dropping Ferguson?
Clarnet v2.0
(10-03-2019, 01:01 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote:

Cuzer

Johnstone

Livermore
Zahore

Firstly, he's 18 and is in no way used to the intensity of the championship.  Give him a rest instead of burning him out.  Secondly, Cardiff with come to frustrate, Gibbs' attacking mentality will hopefully help break them down.
(10-03-2019, 01:26 PM)WWHO Wrote:

Cuzer

Johnstone

Livermore
Zahore

Firstly, he's 18 and is in no way used to the intensity of the championship.  Give him a rest instead of burning him out.  Secondly, Cardiff with come to frustrate, Gibbs' attacking mentality will hopefully help break them down.

Hasn't looked overawed by the Championship so far. 

This is the last game before the International break. He can rest then.

Agree regarding Gibbs' attacking attributes though.
(10-03-2019, 01:34 PM)Dumbo Wrote:

Cuzer

Johnstone

Livermore
Zahore

Hasn't looked overawed by the Championship so far. 

This is the last game before the International break. He can rest then.

Agree regarding Gibbs' attacking attributes though.

No, you're right - and none of us know about his natural fitness etc.  However, there's certainly a precedent re youngster being overly utilised too soon.  Either way, Slav and his team will know best.
............Johnstone..............
Phillips Pereira Diangana

I'm not a "change for change sake" manager. Above is our best 11 and our most attacking squad. Austin needs to play, he's our only threat up top. Phillips needs to be out there also. Pereira in the middle is much better for us than Krov. Krov is an impact sub for us. The above line up will score lots of goals if you leave it alone. The back 4 have been much more solid the past week.
(10-03-2019, 09:34 AM)WWHO Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 09:20 AM)Dumbo Wrote: .............Johnstone..............
Diangana Krovinovic Pereira

Bond, Gibbs/Townsend, Phillips, Brunt/Harper, Edwards, HRK, Zohore

I personally think Grady needs a break, swap for Edwards.

I'm with you on starting Edwards.

Cuzer

Johnstone

Livermore
Zahore

+1 

This ^