The what we learnt tonight thread
(10-02-2019, 03:04 PM)74bus Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 11:39 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 08:43 AM)74bus Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 09:08 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: A defeat was due, and that is the best way to get one. 
Pace, movement and attacking intent, this team is truly something.
The grumpy old gitts will whine on about the strength up front, but personally I think Diangana and Pereira both hesitated in shots on occasions tonight. 
Other days like this we will have 3 or 4.
Johnson a fine keeper- let it be known. 
Take tonight in your stride- there won’t be many defeats.

Unless we have an awful spate of injuries, HRK should never start another game.
In terms of pure footballing skill, Pereira is the best player to wear an Albion shirt in a very long time. If we can get him for 9 million, we should bite their hands off. After all, Kenneth reportedly cost almost that......
Surely by now, Johnstone has done more than enough to silence the moronic boo boys - but I won't hold my breath.
I can't wait for the Ajayi/Hegazi partnership at the back - will be awesome, because Semi is some player.

Are you turning blue yet?? 

The "moronic boo boys" which I assume refers to me, will acknowledge when he plays well. He played well last night. 

His limitations are there for all fair minded fans to see. He is beaten too easily from distance, and doesn't command his area. Teams that attack those weaknesses do well against us. Leeds played more like a Prem team last night, and SJ dealt with their threats admirably. He may well be better suited to Prem league, where it is more about reflexes, rather than movement of feet, or commanding your area.

He had a good game last night. Let's see how he deals with the directness of Cardiff on Saturday.
I have absolutely no idea whether you boo one of our own players during a game.
Some people around me in the BRE take great pleasure in booing and heckling Johnstone at every perceived mistake.
I was referring to them. If you're one of them, please feel included.

Big Grin
(10-02-2019, 03:04 PM)74bus Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 11:39 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 08:43 AM)74bus Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 09:08 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: A defeat was due, and that is the best way to get one. 
Pace, movement and attacking intent, this team is truly something.
The grumpy old gitts will whine on about the strength up front, but personally I think Diangana and Pereira both hesitated in shots on occasions tonight. 
Other days like this we will have 3 or 4.
Johnson a fine keeper- let it be known. 
Take tonight in your stride- there won’t be many defeats.

Unless we have an awful spate of injuries, HRK should never start another game.
In terms of pure footballing skill, Pereira is the best player to wear an Albion shirt in a very long time. If we can get him for 9 million, we should bite their hands off. After all, Kenneth reportedly cost almost that......
Surely by now, Johnstone has done more than enough to silence the moronic boo boys - but I won't hold my breath.
I can't wait for the Ajayi/Hegazi partnership at the back - will be awesome, because Semi is some player.

Are you turning blue yet?? 

The "moronic boo boys" which I assume refers to me, will acknowledge when he plays well. He played well last night. 

His limitations are there for all fair minded fans to see. He is beaten too easily from distance, and doesn't command his area. Teams that attack those weaknesses do well against us. Leeds played more like a Prem team last night, and SJ dealt with their threats admirably. He may well be better suited to Prem league, where it is more about reflexes, rather than movement of feet, or commanding your area.

He had a good game last night. Let's see how he deals with the directness of Cardiff on Saturday.
I have absolutely no idea whether you boo one of our own players during a game.
Some people around me in the BRE take great pleasure in booing and heckling Johnstone at every perceived mistake.
I was referring to them. If you're one of them, please feel included.
It cant include me then, because apparently anyone who is critical is not a fan and doesnt go. We are all just keyboard warriors who should be ignored.
TBF, we learned we have the makings of a very good side.
We already knew HRK should never start a game.
We learned Perrera looks a bargain at 9M, Semi was stolen from Rotherham, Slav doesn't like losing, Austin is our best striker,
oh, and Leeds are still a bunch of cheating, diving twats.
Just as a matter of interest for those who watch the under 23’s, how far is Jamie Soule along with his development. He is 18 I believe, same age as Ferguson and obviously highly regarded. Would love to see him involved on bench in some way to see if he’s ready to be a goal threat at this level as we are not flush up there at the moment!
(10-02-2019, 05:26 PM)Ciro Wrote: Just as a matter of interest for those who watch the under 23’s, how far is Jamie Soule along with his development. He is 18 I believe, same age as Ferguson and obviously highly regarded. Would love to see him involved on bench in some way to see if he’s ready to be a goal threat at this level as we are not flush up there at the moment!

The restraining order he and his family took out on Ziz was  250m, so he must be pretty decent.
Leeds fans -

‘If you finish above West Brom this season your up simple as that. Best team I’ve seen at Elland road in a while, great performance by Leeds thought alioski was class again! Referee was fucking dire for both teams once again useless #LUFC’

‘West brom. By far the best team i have seen down at leeds for many a year. At least they came here to attack and not defend for 90mins #wba #lufc’

Fair play to West Brom though. Best team to come to Elland Road in Bielsa’s reign and controlled the second half. Some beautiful passages of play aswell and the one touch football was sublime.

Hope both teams finish high up the table #lufc #wba

That was hard work. Im buzzin with that. I dont think ive seen us dig in like that since Bielsa took over. Bamford (although should have scored) was a machine. Fair play. Top 2 right there. WBA were quality 2nd half!! #LUFC #LEEWBA
(10-02-2019, 05:09 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: TBF, we learned we have the makings of a very good side.
We already knew HRK should never start a game.
We learned Perrera looks a bargain at 9M, Semi was stolen from Rotherham, Slav doesn't like losing, Austin is our best striker,
oh, and Leeds are still a bunch of cheating, diving twats.

Simple and accurate summary. onward and upwards.