Rekeem Harper
There was an interview with Slav a few weeks ago that suggested he had had words with Harper about his approach and that he needed to work on it.
Funny to think back in the summer we were melting down over the prospect of him going.
I thought he was too busy playing for England to bother with us
(09-28-2019, 10:52 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: I thought he was too busy playing for England to bother with us

What do England pay him? Needs some good  advice
He’s a kid ffs give him a break. He signed a contact and showed moments of real quality last season, let’s hope he kicks on. We will pick up injuries and he’ll get his chance.
(09-28-2019, 07:48 PM)MassDebater Wrote: There was an interview with Slav a few weeks ago that suggested he had had words with Harper about his approach and that he needed to work on it.

In the same article Slav said how he had taken onboard the instructions and was really knuckling down & was flying in training.

Any reason for missing that bit out?
(09-29-2019, 06:11 AM)aj21 Wrote: He’s a kid ffs give him a break. He signed a contact and showed moments of real quality last season, let’s hope he kicks on. We will pick up injuries and he’ll get his chance.

This. We’ve got depth which we lacked last season. The Christmas period will show how strong our squad really is.
In the form of his life.
(09-29-2019, 06:11 AM)aj21 Wrote: He’s a kid ffs give him a break. He signed a contact and showed moments of real quality last season, let’s hope he kicks on. We will pick up injuries and he’ll get his chance.

+1
(09-29-2019, 06:11 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 07:48 PM)MassDebater Wrote: There was an interview with Slav a few weeks ago that suggested he had had words with Harper about his approach and that he needed to work on it.

In the same article Slav said how he had taken onboard the instructions and was really knuckling down & was flying in training.

Any reason for missing that bit out?

Yes,  plenty it didn't fit in with the agenda. 

My concern with Haroer is that I don't think central midfield will be his best position, I do wonder if he would be best suited to a role similar to Krovonovic/Pereria. 

If central midfield is deemed to be his best position, then we shouldn't be surprised that a 19 year old is not a regular member of a promotion chasing Championship side.
I think Central Midfield is his position. I dont think he has the technique to be a "show pony"