5pm and properly top
i have never been so confident at this stage of a season before (which is slightly worrying) but with the quality and quantity of extremely talented ball players plus strength in depth of the squad with experience to come in if necessary I think we will do it this year. We may lose on Tuesday but I think over the course of the season we will do it. We look frighteningly good at times. Still a bit concerned about Charlie Austin being a busted flush but can’t fault his work today.
We're improving in small amounts in coehesion, fluidity, determination and nous game on game, when we finally click I can see us giving more than one team a proper spanking, if only we had got Billic last season who knows what would have happened.
Equal top scorers in the Championship, yet none of our strikers have scored in open play yet (two penalties from Zohore).

There is definitely more to come!
(09-28-2019, 05:18 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 05:09 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 05:00 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: It feels better than last year.

Jan will be key. Can we keep our loan players (not sure if any can be recalled) and add a Gayle-esque finisher to the squad?

Think only Diangana can be recalled, so hopefully we can keep hold of him.

As Cuzer has alluded to, one thing that could derail us is the mandatory buy terms in Periera’s loan, and our board’s willingness to take the £9m hit.

There’s definitely money to replace Diangana and get a striker in though.
Not sure I follow on Periera? Do we not have to make a decision on him at the end of the season? I would sign him like a shot, if only to immediately sell him for a profit. £9M is a steal.

Correct. Would be an absolute bargain.
(09-28-2019, 07:13 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:

Jan will be key. Can we keep our loan players (not sure if any can be recalled) and add a Gayle-esque finisher to the squad?

As Cuzer has alluded to, one thing that could derail us is the mandatory buy terms in Periera’s loan, and our board’s willingness to take the £9m hit.

Not sure I follow on Periera? Do we not have to make a decision on him at the end of the season? I would sign him like a shot, if only to immediately sell him for a profit. £9M is a steal.

If £9m is the price, I’m very much in the pay the fucking money camp.

That pass today was sublime.
In the form of his life.
Paying the £9m is a no brainier. Even if we don’t go up we could probably double our money on him straight away if he keeps this form up.
Classy player that is also a bit of a shit house. So glad we have him.
(09-28-2019, 09:13 PM)Colmanspig_ Wrote: Classy player that is also a bit of a shit house. So glad we have him.

Perfectly worded. That through ball first half is worthy of some quiet time and tissues.
(09-28-2019, 05:57 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: Equal top scorers in the Championship, yet none of our strikers have scored in open play yet (two penalties from Zohore).

Incredible stat that
(09-28-2019, 07:15 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 07:13 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:

If £9m is the price, I’m very much in the pay the fucking money camp.

That pass today was sublime.

No I totally agree, the bloke is utter class... however there is a clause that if he plays a certain amount of games we have to sign him, and if we are hovering round the playoffs and not the top 2, I’m not sure we will take the risk of committing to paying £9m if promotion is not almost guaranteed, so can see a scenario where he’s “injured” for the last 7-8 games of the season.