The world that Domonic Cummings created
(09-27-2019, 12:07 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 10:12 AM)John Osborne’s Knuckle Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 08:42 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Open and honest politics seems like very distant sunlit uplands.
Sorry b1 but as a student of history I have to say politics have never been “Open and Honest”. We just have more means now to find out the feet of clay politicians have and more scrupulous / unscrupulous types to use them.  In truth there have never been sunlit uplands.

I agree. my comment was more tongue in cheek really. In a world where we have the information at our fingertips to forensically review politicians statements more than ever, the blatant lies that are dished out should be easy to spot but for some reason we seem to accept them blindly. 

It's obvious what Cummings, Johnson, Gove and Cleverley are up to and it stinks (probably as much as ever)

Whilst politics (and people) have never been totally honest, what I think is different is that if your caught, you no longer have to resign. Both Boris and Trump have been caught in a series of compromising situations that until recently, each one would have resulted in a resignation. Now they hardly bother to deny it.