The world that Domonic Cummings created
#1
And here we are, at the end game. Boris is about to play his final card to get us over the line in just over a months time and the focus from camp Cummings (not a dig at any sexuality there) is now completely on the promise that was made 3½ years ago by all politicians. No arguments there, the referendum result was in at the time and they all promised to deliver. So 52% of the vote are pissed off because they haven't got what they were promised.

So what about the 48% that voted to remain, why are they pissed off? They lost, get over it, surely. Well, no, it's not so simple. There is a real and justifiable anger amongst this group because they feel the discourse during the referendum campaigning was misleading at best, and lets be honest, blatant lies.

And here we are, in a world where we have managed to piss of 100% of the voters that took part in the 2016 referendum in one way or another. This is what happens when you install a win at all costs maniac like Cummings.

And looking forward all I can see is more pain. There was a very small mention last night about the trade deals that are being discussed. We currently can't enter into these deals because we are still part of the EU, however it was mentioned about the trade deal being arranged with India. This will be a big deal for us, trading with one of our colonial powers and one of the biggest markets on the planet. One small snippet that came out - in order for us to get this deal, and again lets be honest here we will be the junior partner in this deal and don't have the better bargaining position, we will need to relax our immigration rules for Indian nationals. 

Can you imagine the uproar if that comes to fruition, the 52% will be pissed of in that situation as one of the main parts of the referendum discourse were around control of our borders, and here we are in a position where we could potentially be relaxing the rules for one of the biggest populations on the planet. There was worry about Turkey getting access to the EU and giving 80m people access to the UK, and here we are talking about the same for India.

And can you imagine the 48% being happy about the situation as well, so again we will have a 100% hit rate for people being pissed off.

Project fear though init? I really hope so.
Reply
#2
We're nowhere near the endgame.
Reply
#3
If the rumours are true, Boris is about to play his wildcard to deliver the promise by 31st Oct. They are keeping their powder dry (another war analogy there) because they want to allow no time for the opposition to respond. If what has been described by John Major is correct then they have a way to deliver on no deal that keeps them within the law.

Open and honest politics seems like very distant sunlit uplands.
Reply
#4
(09-27-2019, 08:16 AM)baggy1 Wrote: And here we are, at the end game. Boris is about to play his final card to get us over the line in just over a months time and the focus from camp Cummings (not a dig at any sexuality there) is now completely on the promise that was made 3½ years ago by all politicians. No arguments there, the referendum result was in at the time and they all promised to deliver. So 52% of the vote are pissed off because they haven't got what they were promised.

So what about the 48% that voted to remain, why are they pissed off? They lost, get over it, surely. Well, no, it's not so simple. There is a real and justifiable anger amongst this group because they feel the discourse during the referendum campaigning was misleading at best, and lets be honest, blatant lies.

And here we are, in a world where we have managed to piss of 100% of the voters that took part in the 2016 referendum in one way or another. This is what happens when you install a win at all costs maniac like Cummings.

And looking forward all I can see is more pain. There was a very small mention last night about the trade deals that are being discussed. We currently can't enter into these deals because we are still part of the EU, however it was mentioned about the trade deal being arranged with India. This will be a big deal for us, trading with one of our colonial powers and one of the biggest markets on the planet. One small snippet that came out - in order for us to get this deal, and again lets be honest here we will be the junior partner in this deal and don't have the better bargaining position, we will need to relax our immigration rules for Indian nationals. 

Can you imagine the uproar if that comes to fruition, the 52% will be pissed of in that situation as one of the main parts of the referendum discourse were around control of our borders, and here we are in a position where we could potentially be relaxing the rules for one of the biggest populations on the planet. There was worry about Turkey getting access to the EU and giving 80m people access to the UK, and here we are talking about the same for India.

And can you imagine the 48% being happy about the situation as well, so again we will have a 100% hit rate for people being pissed off.

Project fear though init? I really hope so.

My partner summed up the UK at the moment in in one sentence... I’m not proud to be British anymore. I thought this country had moved in from petty, insular, ‘it’s political correctness gone mad’ jingoistic, WWII obsessed nonsense sadly it hasn’t if anything the country has regressed. 

The devise is not just about Brexit it’s about a fracture of cultures in this country between progressive’s and the regressive. It will be too late for the regressive’s to realise that the a Tory Populist Brexit will not benefit them and will not harm the establishment.
Reply
#5
(09-27-2019, 08:42 AM)baggy1 Wrote: If the rumours are true, Boris is about to play his wildcard to deliver the promise by 31st Oct. They are keeping their powder dry (another war analogy there) because they want to allow no time for the opposition to respond. If what has been described by John Major is correct then they have a way to deliver on no deal that keeps them within the law.

Open and honest politics seems like very distant sunlit uplands.

It'll surely be going to the EU asking for an extension with a ridiculous proposal for the backstop. The EU say piss off, then he can say we tried but we're out.

Grim.
Reply
#6
That was my 1st thought Malc, but this John Major thought came out last night and makes more sense. I can't see Boris putting the house on the EU not saying, we'll give you some more time mate, don't worry.
Reply
#7
(09-27-2019, 08:42 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Open and honest politics seems like very distant sunlit uplands.
Sorry b1 but as a student of history I have to say politics have never been “Open and Honest”. We just have more means now to find out the feet of clay politicians have and more scrupulous / unscrupulous types to use them.  In truth there have never been sunlit uplands.
Reply
#8
The main problem is that 52% majority was only 37% of the electorate, ergo 63% did not vote leave.

37% of the electorate have decided the future of the other 63% ... there was always going to be problems especially when the MPs in favour of remaining in the EU were closer to the 60% number.

The "leave" MPs are in a minority, unless Boris steamrollers it through it isn't going to happen ... then what.

It is the biggest clusterfuck I have ever witnessed in politics in this country and I remember the 3 day week.
Reply
#9
(09-27-2019, 11:29 AM)Rustynail Wrote: The main problem is that 52% majority was only 37% of the electorate, ergo 63% did not vote leave.

37% of the electorate have decided the future of the other 63% ... there was always going to be problems especially when the MPs in favour of remaining in the EU were closer to the 60% number.

The "leave" MPs are in a minority, unless Boris steamrollers it through it isn't going to happen ... then what.

It is the biggest clusterfuck I have ever witnessed in politics in this country and I remember the 3 day week.

If the people who did not vote had cared one way or the other, they would have found a way to get out and vote. And I find it ridiculous claiming that by not voting, they wanted to keep the status quo.

We could say that a larger percentage of the electorate didn't vote to remain. It's the same logic.
Refugee from westbrom.com
Reply
#10
(09-27-2019, 10:12 AM)John Osborne’s Knuckle Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 08:42 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Open and honest politics seems like very distant sunlit uplands.
Sorry b1 but as a student of history I have to say politics have never been “Open and Honest”. We just have more means now to find out the feet of clay politicians have and more scrupulous / unscrupulous types to use them.  In truth there have never been sunlit uplands.

I agree. my comment was more tongue in cheek really. In a world where we have the information at our fingertips to forensically review politicians statements more than ever, the blatant lies that are dished out should be easy to spot but for some reason we seem to accept them blindly. 

It's obvious what Cummings, Johnson, Gove and Cleverley are up to and it stinks (probably as much as ever)
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)