Kieran Gibbs
Sends completely the wrong message, not just to Ferguson but every other young player in the squad, if he is shunted aside as soon as one of the big boys is fit again. Slav knows this.
(09-26-2019, 10:41 AM)Atomic Wrote: Over-rated and never missed when he doesn't play. If we could get someone to sign him in January I'd sell him 1000% especially considering his wages and age. The team won't suffer and we get one of our highest earners off our books. That is the sort of sensible business that we need to be doing, similar to selling Dawson in the summer, not missed him one bit, brought in a better player on less wages.

I think a lot of us were concerned our so called ex star PL players wouldn't be replaced (me included) we have now proved it is perfectly possible
to sign good players for a couple of a million. Also our youngsters are capable of doing a job when needed.
It's still early day's and a long way to go, but we're in the top slots and unbeaten - can't ask for more then that.

(09-26-2019, 10:48 AM)Duffers Wrote: Sends completely the wrong message, not just to Ferguson but every other young player in the squad, if he is shunted aside as soon as one of the big boys is fit again. Slav knows this.

This +
(09-26-2019, 10:48 AM)Duffers Wrote: Sends completely the wrong message, not just to Ferguson but every other young player in the squad, if he is shunted aside as soon as one of the big boys is fit again. Slav knows this.

And this is the reason he will be overlooked

HOWEVER 

as soon as possible he should play, we saw Sunday how ineffective Perreira and Fillipe were in the first half, a lot of this was down to Ferguson not getting forward down the left flank, this makes the pitch wider and creates space for the attacking midfielders, Gibbs does this superbly

Ferguson is a class act but it should be between him and Furlong, who has been superb, for the right back spot long term

We know Ferguson is more than capable now at either full back position and as cover at center half, a real bonus to the depth of quality in the side

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
Gibbs is fit I think. He came to watch the game v Huddersfield.
(09-26-2019, 10:58 AM)Cuzer Wrote:

And this is the reason he will be overlooked

HOWEVER 

as soon as possible he should play, we saw Sunday how ineffective Perreira and Fillipe were in the first half, a lot of this was down to Ferguson not getting forward down the left flank, this makes the pitch wider and creates space for the attacking midfielders, Gibbs does this superbly

Ferguson is a class act but it should be between him and Furlong, who has been superb, for the right back spot long term

We know Ferguson is more than capable now at either full back position and as cover at center half, a real bonus to the depth of quality in the side

Cuzer

Correct. Injuries and suspensions mean both will play their part this season I’m sure. Also, if Gibbs’ style of play should be what Ferguson should aim to improve on if he wants to displace him permanently. Competition for places is healthy.
In the form of his life.
If Gibbs is fit, he should be in. Ferguson is only playing the role because he's been injured. Ferguson doesn't have a left foot, and can't support his full back - teams will spot this weakness and play on it, leaving him to be targeted.

I would bet any other team in this division would kill for somebody like Gibbs. And yet some people would prefer a Paul Robinson - committed yet crap.
"I'm not a nerd Bart. Nerds are smart"
(09-26-2019, 11:45 AM)Fall Out Boy Wrote: I would bet any other team in this division would kill for somebody like Gibbs. And yet some people would prefer a Paul Robinson - committed yet crap.

The most overrated player by our fans to play for Albion in my living memory

edit: Robinson that is
(09-26-2019, 11:11 AM)Super_Slav Wrote: Gibbs is fit I think. He came to watch the game v Huddersfield.

So he’s fit to sit on a chair for 90 minutes?

Good to know...
(09-26-2019, 11:58 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 11:11 AM)Super_Slav Wrote: Gibbs is fit I think. He came to watch the game v Huddersfield.

So he’s fit to sit on a chair for 90 minutes?

Good to know...

Come on now, this also implies he was fit enough to sit in a car and enter the stadium

If it were Townsend who was playing and holding down that position I would completely agree. But we are playing a young lad out of position to cover a mini injury crisis. Ferguson does not need to be playing 40+ games at his age either way.