Kieran Gibbs
Who would automatically select him if fit?

I definitely wouldn't. I've always felt he is someone who plays at 80% of his undoubted ability cos he can get away with it. I also wonder if he has a mentality that fits in with what we appear to be building.
He has to wait his turn. Ferguson has done nothing to merit being dropped.
(09-25-2019, 12:39 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: Who would automatically select him if fit?

I definitely wouldn't. I've always felt he is someone who plays at 80% of his undoubted ability cos he can get away with it. I also wonder if he has a mentality that fits in with what we appear to be building.

I disagree with that assertion Heath. His body language and playing style come across languid but I think he’s a key player for us. Our “best” attacking full back coming from deep IMO. Defensively he isn’t  great and I probably wouldn’t start him against Cardiff for example. But he’s a key player for Albion.
Last season yes, but this season he’s seemed far less interested, and his performance at Derby would have seen his place questioned had he not gone off injured IMO.

I think he’s an excellent player, but the shirt is Ferguson’s until Bilic feels otherwise.
(09-25-2019, 12:44 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Last season yes, but this season he’s seemed far less interested, and his performance at Derby would have seen his place questioned had he not gone off injured IMO.

I think he’s an excellent player, but the shirt is Ferguson’s until Bilic feels otherwise.

Or until the media sell him to Palarse
He may actually be a vital trading chip for us in the Jan window. Flog him and re-dial that G.
Ferguson keeps the shirt and Gibbs can wait for his chance, he can no longer be considered first choice.
His interest has faded, could be chance to sell him off in January. Could suit us and him.
Ferguson
Gibbs
Townsend

is the left back pecking order now.
I agree that Ferguson keeps his place unless he suffers a drop in form.

Gibbs' return - along with Hegazi's - will give Bilic more options however, as it would give us the opportunity of playing a 3-5-2 or 5-4-1 if Bilic wanted to play a different set-up depending on the opposition.
(09-25-2019, 01:42 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: He may actually be a vital trading chip for us in the Jan window. Flog him and re-dial that G.

I’d be amazed if a prem team wants him, and hardly any champ teams would pay his wages.