Proroguing Parliament was.....UNLAWFUL
Lol, get back to work dickhead.
Seems we are becoming more and more like the US. In the future now governments will be dragged to the courts where legal, executive and legislative will clash.
When something is as obvious as what Boris did the court will intervene if asked. The court won't get involved in every petition because they can, and probably will, say that it isn't a matter for the judiciary.

Nothing like the US.
I didn't think the court would have the courage to rule against the government.

But it shows how far into the gutter Johnson has dragged our parliament.
(09-24-2019, 10:06 AM)bradesbaggie Wrote: I didn't think the court would have the courage to rule against the government.

But it shows how far into the gutter Johnson has dragged our parliament.

True. But also how far parliament have dragged themselves into the gutter over the last 3 years.
(09-24-2019, 09:56 AM)baggy1 Wrote: When something is as obvious as what Boris did the court will intervene if asked. The court won't get involved in every petition because they can, and probably will, say that it isn't a matter for the judiciary.

Nothing like the US.

I agree with that: I didn't sense any real enthusiasm on the part of the courts - the Supreme Court in particular - to become involved. Understandable really: being asked to rule on something of this magnitude - and to do it in a hurry - wouldn't have sat easily. Not much time for them to deliberate over the precedents they would be setting.

Her madge probably could have done without this as well; not that I have any monarchist sympathies. She can set the corgis on him when he pops round to resign.
Boris Johnson must take Prorogation fight 'all the way' to the European Court of Justice... oh hang on..
(09-24-2019, 10:27 AM)Ossian Wrote: Her madge probably could have done without this as well; not that I have any monarchist sympathies. She can set the corgis on him when he pops round to resign.

Next time Johnson goes around to the palace I'd say Queenie will send the footman out to say she is washing her hair.
I wonder what Her Maj thinks - hopefully CMD will tell us later.
(09-24-2019, 10:35 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: I wonder what Her Maj thinks - hopefully CMD will tell us later.

Philip is just getting in the new Range Rover...