IPTV
At the height of pubs showing Saturday 3PM kick offs, it was possible to leave a pub in West Brom, go to the game, go back afterwards, and still see the same crowd still in there. The only difference being they had watched the game in the pub, and we were a good few quid poorer. For me it stopped most away games. Even I struggled to justify the expense of an away game against just going to the pub for the afternoon. I'm referring to the days of many pubs picking up- even advertising- all Albion/Villa/Wolves games, not Sky or BT. Although, for me, that's pretty much the same thing.
I'd sooner all televised football was just highlights and live games were for those that actually went. (And I should add an apology to exiles and those who simply can't physically be there).
This is where the debate of increasing ground capacity will always fall down, more and more fans are just happy to watch it on t v and the ability to do that is not going to subside any time soon.
(09-19-2019, 07:25 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 04:50 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Just going to point out our gates would take a big hit in attendance if every match was on the tv legally. As would the ‘product’ Sky etc pay billions for. At the end of the day its no better than shoplifting.

In one post that sums you up

And yours likewise.
Your so far up your own arse we can see your shoe size .
(09-19-2019, 08:46 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: This is where the debate of increasing ground capacity will always fall down, more and more fans are just happy to watch it on t v and the ability to do that is not going to subside any time soon.

There'll always be people willing to pay the premium ( a premium, not gouge them) to see it live. After all, it is better. You never know, some of those armchair fans may convert into stadium fans, rather than the other way round. I've heard that the Arsenal ground is full of overseas tourists who want to see a game live because they've seen them on TV.

I think it's more likely that more and more fans are just happy to watch it on tv for nothing, rather than pay the price they are charging at the ground. There must be a happy medium. At the moment there isn't. 

For me, one of the joys of supporting West Brom is that you get to see the team develop as the season goes on - you see the struggle and the transformation. This is all missing if you just see the occasional games that are available on TV.

As it stands, the occasional football fan can see practically all of Man City's games complete with sycophantic commentators telling you how great the 'product' is, yet hardly any of say, Walsall's games. You can read long stories eulogising Starling in the nationals and watch cinematic films about Liverpool or you can read 50 words of badly written prose in the E&S about Walsall. Which are you most likely to buy into? Which would be more interesting and ultimately more accessible?

If it carries on, how long before Man C tops outnumber Walsall tops in Walsall town centre? How long before you stop seeing West Brom tops in the Midlands?

You can't just force people to pay for an overpriced product by restricting the supply. It never works in the long term. They either get it illegally or they drift away to something 'similar'. Like Liverpool...or god forbid Aston Villa.

Let people see the games at home if they want, but let them see the whole season saga. Of course, charge them, but make it reasonable.
I pay £99 a month approximately to virgin for 500 gb Internet speeds, television, skysports and films and bt sport and they throw in a real unlimited data calls and texts sim with that. I don't go out drinking so to me it's an expense I can justify on my measly wage. I used to have kodi on a firestick and would mess about setting up new versions everytime one got closed down but it's so much hassle that it's not worth it. And I have streamed games for years but the stuttering nature and quality of picture isn't that good and you're always waiting for it to freeze as a ball comes into the box in the last minute!!
(09-20-2019, 08:03 AM)Jezstatham Wrote: I pay £99 a month approximately to virgin for 500 gb Internet speeds, television, skysports and films and bt sport and they throw in a real unlimited data calls and texts sim with that. I don't go out drinking so to me it's an expense I can justify on my measly wage. I used to have kodi on a firestick and would mess about setting up new versions everytime one got closed down but it's so much hassle that it's not worth it. And I have streamed games for years but the stuttering nature and quality of picture isn't that good and you're always waiting for it to freeze as a ball comes into the box in the last minute!!

I completely agree, I genuinely think Sky set up some streaming sites that were so chocked full of adverts and buffering streams that you ended up saying f**k this, it's easier to pay the money to them to save on the hassle.
Some good points. I reckon the sky go streaming app on desktop (it’s fine on mobile) is deliberately made to be poor, it’s so far behind the bbc and itv players in terms of quality and reliability they are trying to force you into their sky box subscription. I’ve seen many illegal streams that are more reliable and over a much higher quality than sky go.
In the form of his life.
(09-20-2019, 08:15 AM)boingingjim Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 08:03 AM)Jezstatham Wrote: I pay £99 a month approximately to virgin for 500 gb Internet speeds, television, skysports and films and bt sport and they throw in a real unlimited data calls and texts sim with that. I don't go out drinking so to me it's an expense I can justify on my measly wage. I used to have kodi on a firestick and would mess about setting up new versions everytime one got closed down but it's so much hassle that it's not worth it. And I have streamed games for years but the stuttering nature and quality of picture isn't that good and you're always waiting for it to freeze as a ball comes into the box in the last minute!!

I completely agree, I genuinely think Sky set up some streaming sites that were so chocked full of adverts and buffering streams that you ended up saying f**k this, it's easier to pay the money to them to save on the hassle.

To be fair the better IPTV providers have had it nailed for years now, I've not missed an Albion away game since the start of last season if I've not attended in person, or any pay per view boxing event, I used to pay £10 a month for Box Nation and that saving alone pays for my IPTV

They are already resolving the issues of 24 hours ago, I never understand why they don't do a club pass or game pass like the NFL, a set fee to watch your team, people will still attend the games as it's live football FFS!

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers