Milan/Montpellier
I'll be in both next weekend for work. Anything worth checking out?

Only got the cathedral on my list so far.
San Siro before it gets knocked down.
Milan - the duomo is impressive but that's about it (unless you're into solid gold shopping malls full of armani and gucci). I thought it was a bit of a dull place tbh. Best view is from the top floor of the mall immediately to the left of the duomo as you're looking at it
(09-13-2019, 01:37 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: Milan - the duomo is impressive but that's about it (unless you're into solid gold shopping malls full of armani and gucci). I thought it was a bit of a dull place tbh.  Best view is from the top floor of the mall immediately to the left of the duomo as you're looking at it

There's a very good panzerotti a stone's throw from the Duomo at least.
(09-13-2019, 01:37 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: Milan - the duomo is impressive but that's about it (unless you're into solid gold shopping malls full of armani and gucci). I thought it was a bit of a dull place tbh.  Best view is from the top floor of the mall immediately to the left of the duomo as you're looking at it

Bang on. Milan is actually very industrial and miles down the list of Italian cities to visit

I stayed in Montpellier for a week at the France WC years ago.  Was a good city then - nice main square and studenty - for France
Arco Della Pace. Very similar to the Arc De Triomphe and was built on the orders of Napoleon. Nice to visit in the evening, with some decent eating places round there.
Sforzesco Castle. Medieval fortress with some museums housed there with some Da Vinci art there (amongst others), if that's your thing.

Together with the Cathedral that's what I manged to visit in Milan. Went to a game at the San Siro too which I must admit had a good atmosphere.

The Last Supper would be worth a visit, but that's usually booked up months in advance.
Cheers for the suggestions tipton.

Just realised it's the Milan Derby the day I fly in so trying to buy a ticket for that. Where's Mgallea when you need him eh?
After the Milan derby game, you will encounter supporters driving around for hours honking horns and celebrating. It gets a little annoying after the first 3 hours. I used to go to Brescia just outside Milan and visit the Irish bar for a beer. Never found many places of interest. As it is mainly industrial.
Montpellier has a great cathedral, restaurants, pubs AOTS. Some have live music. Many students in residence. Fitzpatrick's Irish bar worth a visit if you like Guiness or Kilkenny's. Just outside the city they do have some fantastic beaches and still warm until end of October.