Oval
Good to see Woakes & Curran back, the latter was Man of the Series vs India last year. 
Really want to beat these cocky fuggers, apparently chanting “easy” on the pitch at Old Trafford after they won. A 2-2in the Ashes and the World Cup would do for me this summer.
Odd decision to put us into bat at the Oval, no matter how shite we are at batting.
(09-12-2019, 10:36 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: Odd decision to put us into bat at the Oval, no matter how shite we are at batting.
Paine's no fool.  He wants to get him early.

Home!
Good to see Warner's still doing his best to help us draw the series.   Big Grin
69 run lead on first innings.

Crucial 10 minutes batting coming up before close of play.
Survived!
Take Smith out their side and there’s not a great deal between the two teams, in my view. If we had had him and the Aussies had Roy it would have been a whitewash for England, I recon. Let’s hope we can bat through today and build an unassailable lead with plenty of time left to skittle them out and pray the weather holds.
Curran gives something different to our pace attack

Just lacking amore threatening spin bowler and our bowling line-up would be the best out there again

Don't start me on our Test batting top order
(09-14-2019, 08:01 AM)Twobags Norvegicus Wrote: Curran gives something different to our pace attack

Just lacking amore threatening spin bowler and our bowling line-up would be the best out there again

Out of curiosity, has it never been mooted to bring Cook back?
Still a young man, still playing county cricket. 18 months out might have refreshed him. He'd surely do better than anyone we've tried since?
(09-14-2019, 09:57 AM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(09-14-2019, 08:01 AM)Twobags Norvegicus Wrote: Curran gives something different to our pace attack

Out of curiosity, has it never been mooted to bring Cook back?
Still a young man, still playing county cricket. 18 months out might have refreshed him. He'd surely do better than anyone we've tried since?

Was only thinking the same yesterday. Has he officially retired from test cricket?