Yellowhammer, why won’t they release the papers?
I thought this government were all about ‘the people’ and yet ‘the people’ can’t see the governments own report on the impact of Brexit. Why is that? 

Can you handle it?
I saw this on BBC this morning - she tried to talk on and on avoiding the question but kept be dragged back to the question. She basically said that there were so many permutations that they wouldn't want to list them all, and this is basically a worse case scenario and they don't like to give any bad news.

The other stand out was that the negotiation discussions and the solution for the backstop isn't suitable for the 'airwaves' apparently. Another odious cunt at the heart of the power grab
They don't want to panic people.

Worst case scenarios are literally that; what if the worst happens in every area. That doesn't mean it will happen, or even that it's likely to happen. But if people see "We might run short on product X" then some people will panic, go out, and buy up all the 'product X' meaning an uneven share, and allowing people to build the impression that we're experiencing a shortage based on the wrong reasoning.

The worst thing people can do now is panic based on worst case scenarios, when things might be pretty much business as usual (or fairly close to it, with just a few delays).
"I'm not a nerd Bart. Nerds are smart"
Except the document wasn't about that entirely - it was advising government what their departments would need to get hold of extra in case no-deal meant that cross border issues caused a delay. Example: if the UK consumes a million tablets a month as part of chemotherapy treatment and we could have a 3 month delay then the NHS should make sure it has 3 million tablets available or the chemotherapy will have to stop.

It wasn't about a shortage of bread available in Sainsburys.
(09-11-2019, 12:06 PM)Fall Out Boy Wrote: They don't want to panic people.

Worst case scenarios are literally that; what if the worst happens in every area. That doesn't mean it will happen, or even that it's likely to happen. But if people see "We might run short on product X" then some people will panic, go out, and buy up all the 'product X' meaning an uneven share, and allowing people to build the impression that we're experiencing a shortage based on the wrong reasoning.

The worst thing people can do now is panic based on worst case scenarios, when things might be pretty much business as usual (or fairly close to it, with just a few delays).

What nonsense 
They are being select because they know many who voted leave never saw this mess coming.
Perhaps Scotland leaving the UK, bloodshed in N Ireland, countless people losing their jobs would be a fair assessment, and when NHS workers are worried about medical stocks, perhaps we are seeing what a ridiculous gamble this is.
These lot didn't see any harm in giving the worst case scenario of millions of jihadists from Turkey beheading us in the streets did they?

Do you really believe this  Huh
(09-11-2019, 12:24 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Yeah, sorry, having read the replies above, I now know I'm being far too reasonable.

The Tories are evil, Boris Johnson is literally Hitler, and Brexit will see the destruction of Earth via violent implosion.

Better?
"I'm not a nerd Bart. Nerds are smart"
(09-11-2019, 12:27 PM)Fall Out Boy Wrote:

Yeah, sorry, having read the replies above, I now know I'm being far too reasonable.

The Tories are evil, Boris Johnson is literally Hitler, and Brexit will see the destruction of Earth via violent implosion.

Better?
You might be reasonable, but, do we have a really' reasonable' government when the likes of Ken Clarke and many others are expelled because they think it'll be a disaster.
We know what we have with Europe, for bad and good, but leaving without a deal seems a ridiculous gamble reckon lots and lots and lots of experts, who know a sight more than us- this includes all living Prime Ministers.
This was something not clear 3 years ago.
Based now on what we know, how many think it'd be good to carry on down this road?

Better?

You seem to have ignored this bit of the argument: 

Except the document wasn't about that entirely - it was advising government what their departments would need to get hold of extra in case no-deal meant that cross border issues caused a delay. Example: if the UK consumes a million tablets a month as part of chemotherapy treatment and we could have a 3 month delay then the NHS should make sure it has 3 million tablets available or the chemotherapy will have to stop.

It wasn't about a shortage of bread available in Sainsburys.

Better?

Ok let us be reasonable, why would lifelong Conservatives, who have given their life to the party vote against the possible implications of a no deal Brexit that this document, commissioned by the Conservative party sets out?