St Greta
It's a funny old life. The Spanish decide to dig up Franco the same day as Johnson is buried.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49807372

[Image: EFOSwd1WwAMmTh2.jpg]
(09-24-2019, 12:04 PM)Fall Out Boy Wrote: I've said this on another forum, and I'll say it here. You can debate her message all you want, but for or against you have to admit that the situation seems very dodgy.

Here is a young girl with a mental health issue, being thrust forward as some kind of saviour of humanity, but it does appear she's being used. Her mother even wrote in a book that Greta can see the colourless and odourless CO2.

I'm sorry, but it looks to me that she's been taught a very poisonous mindset, has no defence against it, and nobody is actually looking out for her welfare.

Is autism a mental health issue ?  People with autism, like people without it can have mental health problems, but is it itself an issue of mental health.

I was going to write before reading this particular post, that not only is she a champion for environmental issues, she is an even greater champion for those people who have autism.
(09-24-2019, 12:56 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 12:04 PM)Fall Out Boy Wrote: I've said this on another forum, and I'll say it here. You can debate her message all you want, but for or against you have to admit that the situation seems very dodgy.

Here is a young girl with a mental health issue, being thrust forward as some kind of saviour of humanity, but it does appear she's being used. Her mother even wrote in a book that Greta can see the colourless and odourless CO2.

I'm sorry, but it looks to me that she's been taught a very poisonous mindset, has no defence against it, and nobody is actually looking out for her welfare.

Is autism a mental health issue ?  People with autism, like people without it can have mental health problems, but is it itself an issue of mental health.

I was going to write before reading this particular post, that not only is she a champion for environmental issues, she is an even greater champion for those people who have autism.

The fact is using clinical diagnostic terminology she is not neurotypical. It will and has been Pc window dressed as neurodiversity which gets an incredible amount of likes of social media platforms. 

But in clinical terms, Autism, Aspergers, Dyspraxia is not and never will be neurotypical nor should they be. And by using the cloak of neurodiversity to make her and perhaps our own feeling better about her ecosystem message is a grave error. 

I also think there is some degree of soothsaying and exploitation in all this. But that's a different discussion to her diagnosis of Aspergers.
(09-24-2019, 01:17 PM)Sandking Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 12:56 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

The fact is using clinical diagnostic terminology she is not neurotypical. It will and has been Pc window dressed as neurodiversity which gets an incredible amount of likes of social media platforms. 

But in clinical terms, Autism, Aspergers, Dyspraxia is not and never will be neurotypical nor should they be. And by using the cloak of neurodiversity to make her and perhaps our own feeling better about her ecosystem message is a grave error. 

I also think there is some degree of soothsaying and exploitation in all this. But that's a different discussion to her diagnosis of Aspergers.

Worra load of bollocks. I wasn’t going to believe 95% of scientists who work in the environmental field regarding the detrimental effects humans have on the planet until I realised this young girl had Asperger syndrome then I felt better about the message she was passing on!
The article is a load of bollocks but there's something a bit strange about this whole thing.

She's clearly being closely stage managed, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone is making money out of this/her.
(09-24-2019, 02:43 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: The article is a load of bollocks but there's something a bit strange about this whole thing.

She's clearly being closely stage managed, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone is making money out of this/her.

Why is she?
(09-24-2019, 03:12 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 02:43 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: The article is a load of bollocks but there's something a bit strange about this whole thing.

Why is she?

Does she know what 'The Pause' is?

https://youtu.be/Sl9-tY1oZNw