Why would any Conservative vote against the government?
Just ask yourself that question if you think no deal Brexit is project fear. What is in it for them?
It's very telling that one by one all of those that were choc full of Tory Brexit wisdom on this site a couple of years back have melted off into the ether.
(09-03-2019, 08:13 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: It's very telling that one by one all of those that were choc full of Tory Brexit wisdom on this site a couple of years back have melted off into the ether.

Have we? Maybe they know it’s pointless arguing with many remainers who’s have displayed a level of arrogance and zealousness that shows they can change their minds. 
Personally I’ve not been on here as much because of the above and also because I’ve moved house and also have a new job which I’m spending a lot of time on.
(09-03-2019, 07:24 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Just ask yourself that question if you think no deal Brexit is project fear. What is in it for them?

It might be a reluctant acknowledgement that the Tory party, as they remember it, has been all but destroyed by the Brexit zealots  and might well be gone for good.
(09-03-2019, 08:45 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(09-03-2019, 08:13 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: It's very telling that one by one all of those that were choc full of Tory Brexit wisdom on this site a couple of years back have melted off into the ether.

Have we? Maybe they know it’s pointless arguing with many remainers who’s have displayed a level of arrogance and zealousness that shows they can change their minds. 
Personally I’ve not been on here as much because of the above and also because I’ve moved house and also have a new job which I’m spending a lot of time on.

It'll take more than being told to believe harder, British spirit and promises of enough food and body bags to make me change my mind.
It's the remainer MP's fault we are at this juncture. That cnut Corbyn also.

Why not accept that Brexit is happening and get with the program and think of solutions rather than disrupt and destroy an entire country via their own petty squabbling.
(09-03-2019, 11:20 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: It's the remainer MP's fault we are at this juncture.  That cnut Corbyn also.

Why not accept that Brexit is happening and get with the program and think of solutions rather than disrupt and destroy an entire country via their own petty squabbling.

Hang on don’t rewrite history many of those who voted against the government tonight voted for May’s deal that wasn’t perfect but did protect jobs, health and social cohesion. The ERG with Mogg etc who are now in the government voted repeatedly to thwart their own government. The reason we are in a mess is down to the Conservative Parties civil war that has raged for decades on this subject. 

Cameron didn’t try to do what was best for the country he did it what was what he hoped would shut his Eurosceptic rebels up. May promised a ‘strong and stable government’ eurosceptics made that impossible and now we have swivel eyed loons taking over the asylum hell bent on pushing through a deal or more likely no deal that by almost all reputable analysis will harm our country. If you want to blame someone blame the Tory Party.

Look at the seniority of many of those who went against their own party why would they do this to their career, their way of life, what has defined them for decades, one is Winston Churchill’s grandson! Why would they do this if they did not believe that what this government is trying to implement would harm the country? At some point even the most ideologically driven Brexiteer has to ask themselves that question

Or maybe not maybe the answer is to believe harder, say slogans likes religious mantra, talk about ‘the people’ like they are the only people in the U.K., provide little if any tangible benefit to the average person in the street and give no reassurance we will be better off by leaving. Offer some evidence that this government is trying to find a real solution given they have made the negotiating team a quarter of the size, give a real solution to the backstop etc.
(09-03-2019, 11:20 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: It's the remainer MP's fault we are at this juncture.  That cnut Corbyn also.

It's a recurring mantra with leavers, this "it's somebody else's fault". It underpinned a sizeable chunk of the leave vote: "the EU forces us to do this", "the EU prevents us from doing that"...

Mostly, as Derek has already illustrated, it is ill-informed, easily dismantled, and often a device for hiding from reality. A tantrum, to be quite frank.
(09-04-2019, 06:56 AM)Ossian Wrote: It's a recurring mantra with leavers, this "it's somebody else's fault". It underpinned a sizeable chunk of the leave vote: "the EU force us to do this", "the EU prevent us from doing that"...

Mostly, as Derek has already illustrated, it is ill-informed, easily dismantled, and often a device for hiding from reality. A tantrum, to be quite frank.
I think it’s fair to say that it is the remain supporters who have demonstrated the biggest dummy out the pram, foot stamping, tantrum over the last three years because the referendum didn’t go their way.
Matter of opinion, I suppose, but I've seen and heard plenty of examples of "I want the precise Brexit of my preference: not just 'a Brexit' but 'the Brexit', 'the precise, tailored to my own specifications Brexit'". The one I'll now disingenuously pretend I had in mind when I entered the polling booth; that one.

Epitomised by the fanaticism of the ERG and their refusal to negotiate even with their own government - one of the main reasons we are now where we are.