Chris Willock
(08-25-2019, 09:01 PM)clem4england Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 05:35 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Someone who hasn’t really been mentioned on here, but I think he will have a pivotal role to play. He is an attacking midfielder (generally plays as a right winger), but can play off the striker and left wing.

I’ve seen enough IMO over 5 games to see Krov doesn’t have that goal scoring instinct to gamble and make runs into box. He won’t score enough goals to justify that No. 10 role.

I think he can play in a double pivot alongside Sawyers or Livermore in certain matches.

We aren’t creating enough opportunities and Blackburn on Saturday will be tough. They have had 3 clean sheets back to back in League. Would expect them to bring 2k on Saturday too. Imperative we start well and score in first 15.
Think Krovinovic is technically wonderful and a joy to watch, however I share your fears about lack of goals (and assists?) in the number 10 role.

I genuinely believe he could play as a double pivot alongside Sawyers, which would allow us to play an extra attacker
I don't think Willock is a serious squad option this year. If he was he'd have made an appearance by now. I think this one is a longer term one.
(08-25-2019, 09:08 PM)Moore Than Wrote: I don't think Willock is a serious squad option this year. If he was he'd have made an appearance by now. I think this one is a longer term one.

He’s on a seasons loan with no purchase option clause.
(08-25-2019, 08:59 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 08:29 PM)Cuzer Wrote: There is nothing like a future fee agreed, which has been alluded to somewhere

Oh, and the Pereira terms in the deal are off the scale

Cuzer

We have a £9m fee agreed for Pereira, right?

The way it's been structured is barmy, no wonder it took forever and a day to resolve

Lets just say there may well be some strange patterns with regards to how we use him later in the season dependent on our league position 

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(08-26-2019, 06:38 AM)Cuzer Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 08:29 PM)Cuzer Wrote: There is nothing like a future fee agreed, which has been alluded to somewhere

Cuzer

The way it's been structured is barmy, no wonder it took forever and a day to resolve

Lets just say there may well be some strange patterns with regards to how we use him later in the season dependent on our league position 

Cuzer

Why can’t you just say what the terms are?
In the form of his life.
(08-26-2019, 07:02 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:

Cuzer

Cuzer

takes all the drama away? mebbe?
(08-26-2019, 07:05 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(08-26-2019, 07:02 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:

Cuzer

Cuzer

takes all the drama away? mebbe?

If he tells you, he'll have to kill you.   Big Grin
(08-26-2019, 07:02 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:

Cuzer

Cuzer

You have clearly never experienced the thrill that holding a relatively unimportant piece of information over a bunch of strangers on the internet brings.

“I know something you don’t know...”
(08-26-2019, 07:02 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Why can’t you just say what the terms are?

Come on now, we all know why Big Grin

(08-26-2019, 07:21 AM)Duffers Wrote: You have clearly never experienced the thrill that pretending to hold a relatively unimportant piece of information over a bunch of strangers on the internet brings.

edited for you
(08-25-2019, 09:01 PM)clem4england Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 05:35 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Someone who hasn’t really been mentioned on here, but I think he will have a pivotal role to play. He is an attacking midfielder (generally plays as a right winger), but can play off the striker and left wing.

I’ve seen enough IMO over 5 games to see Krov doesn’t have that goal scoring instinct to gamble and make runs into box. He won’t score enough goals to justify that No. 10 role.

I think he can play in a double pivot alongside Sawyers or Livermore in certain matches.

We aren’t creating enough opportunities and Blackburn on Saturday will be tough. They have had 3 clean sheets back to back in League. Would expect them to bring 2k on Saturday too. Imperative we start well and score in first 15.
Think Krovinovic is technically wonderful and a joy to watch, however I share your fears about lack of goals (and assists?) in the number 10 role.

Agree Clem. 

Think formation we are adopting 4231 is correct for the personnel we have. Can't see past Sawyers and Livermore as the 2 in midfield. 

But in a system that employs 1 main striker, others have to score goals. Previously when we have adopted this system, most successfully under Clarke, we were spoilt for potential scorers. Not sure I see so many in this squad, but it is early days still and who knows how many goals a player like Diagawana or Edwards can score given the opportunity.

Hope it works out for Krovonovic not only he is a technically accomplished player, he does give the appearance of really wanting to and enjoying being at the club.

On Willock strange decision to bring him in if all he does is play for the under 23s, but still it is very early days.