Today at the test
Jesus christ Stokes has just given his away like Burns and Roy. FFS
And another great shot !!!
(08-23-2019, 11:17 AM)billybassett Wrote: Jesus christ Stokes has just given his away like Burns and Roy. FFS

FFS he  struggled to even reach that ball, enormous pressure will grow on Root if we throw away this test.
Root is not captain material, the promotion to the position has effected his batting.
(08-23-2019, 11:35 AM)Rustynail Wrote: Root is not captain material, the promotion to the position has effected his batting.

I agreed. That first test when they were 120-8 and he didn't have the nouse to set the right fields to put pressure on Smith who kept turning it round the corner and into spaces for 1. There is no captain in the whole squad though. Maybe Buttler but he needs to score some runs.
Too many limited overs players trying to adapt to test match cricket.
I’m a Buttler fan he is a great cricketer but unless he is keeping how can he justify coming in at seven ?  Surely Curran adds more to this position?
(08-23-2019, 10:41 AM)billybassett Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 10:34 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: The Root or Smith question has certainly been answered!

I know we often lack patience when it comes to Test Openers, but Roy should never be near a test squad again. He’s just not learned from his mistakes in the last 4 innings!

What chance has Root got. You need your openers to take the shine off the ball 30-0 after 20 overs. Roy is a joke.

Bang on. Being England's No 3 is a thankless task. Root has never been a 3.
This is an out-and-out disgrace.
Total capitulation. This isn't about captaincy or batting order now this is about professional cricketers just throwing their wickets away. Disgraceful