Ratings...
(08-22-2019, 10:09 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 09:59 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 09:37 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 09:32 AM)Pontificator Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 08:42 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: We played well but unless a midfielder is going to gamble and get in the opposition la box we are going to struggle to score goals. You can’t ping in that amount of crosses with just one man to aim for. If we don’t address this we will look lovely but fail to pick up points we could and arguably should have.

We are fantastic at foreplay but shit at penetration currently.

Best post and analogy on her ever

Derek has used that analogy before. It was often said about the 08-09 season under Mogga in the Premier League. Wardy often disagreed with him on the Zone

My mate (also in the toilets) likened it to under Mogga as well, all build up and no final product.

That would be the same Mowbray where we scored a 100 goals 2 seasons running?

Mowbray was like that in the prem, he changed totally. In the champ we had lots of end product, attacking wingers etc. When he got to the prem we became lost in between tactics with nice play but no cutting edge. So you're sort of both right.
(08-22-2019, 11:57 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 10:09 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 09:59 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 09:37 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 09:32 AM)Pontificator Wrote: Best post and analogy on her ever

Derek has used that analogy before. It was often said about the 08-09 season under Mogga in the Premier League. Wardy often disagreed with him on the Zone

My mate (also in the toilets) likened it to under Mogga as well, all build up and no final product.

That would be the same Mowbray where we scored a 100 goals 2 seasons running?

Mowbray was like that in the prem, he changed totally. In the champ we had lots of end product, attacking wingers etc. When he got to the prem we became lost in between tactics with nice play but no cutting edge. So you're sort of both right.
I, too, was thinking most of the game was Mowbrayesque (Prem version).   Chump version flat track bullies.  And the arguments recommence, gents...  Have YOUR say:

(08-22-2019, 11:20 AM)Penny Black Baggie Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 10:18 PM)Baggie Rick Wrote: Soap 4- one smart save, made the free kick save look better than it was, stood and watched the goal!
Furgs 6 - good going forward, caught out on occasions. Could of had a pen?
Barts 7 - looks 100% better than last season
Semi 7- looked composed at times, shakey at others.
Gibbo 6- is it me or has he lost a yard since last season?
Jake 7- kept it simple, put a shift in
Matty 6- looked ok, match fitness an issue, corners shite.
Sawyers 7- gave the ball away more than he ever has in the stripes, but still looked v good.
Krovo 7- always wants the ball, tries to make things happen
Gravy 6- tried to hard at times, reminded me of Tony Daley!
Austin 3- looked like a maestro, unfortunately the 1 built at Longbridge!!

Pezza 5- he may look like Sane but doesn't play like him!
Zahore 7-did enough, scored.
Eddo 6 - not enough time shine

I can only assume you have never kicked a ball (or had 10 pints last night) after reading that utter drivel.

For anyone who genuinely believes that this is a legitimate argument and having kicked a ball makes one’s views more valid I have only two words for you...

Dean Saunders
Furgson wasn't even playing!
(08-22-2019, 12:10 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 11:20 AM)Penny Black Baggie Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 10:18 PM)Baggie Rick Wrote: Soap 4- one smart save, made the free kick save look better than it was, stood and watched the goal!
Furgs 6 - good going forward, caught out on occasions. Could of had a pen?
Barts 7 - looks 100% better than last season
Semi 7- looked composed at times, shakey at others.
Gibbo 6- is it me or has he lost a yard since last season?
Jake 7- kept it simple, put a shift in
Matty 6- looked ok, match fitness an issue, corners shite.
Sawyers 7- gave the ball away more than he ever has in the stripes, but still looked v good.
Krovo 7- always wants the ball, tries to make things happen
Gravy 6- tried to hard at times, reminded me of Tony Daley!
Austin 3- looked like a maestro, unfortunately the 1 built at Longbridge!!

Pezza 5- he may look like Sane but doesn't play like him!
Zahore 7-did enough, scored.
Eddo 6 - not enough time shine

I can only assume you have never kicked a ball (or had 10 pints last night) after reading that utter drivel.

For anyone who genuinely believes that this is a legitimate argument and having kicked a ball makes one’s views more valid I have only two words for you...

Dean Saunders

Remarkably or perhaps not he gets to talk shit on Talk Shite.
(08-22-2019, 06:11 AM)shadman Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 10:35 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Enjoyed the game and think there's plenty of promise in that squad, we have so many exciting options.
First game this season and actually enjoyed it despite the result.
Mrs Sol's last chemo tomorrow and she's holding up well.

Great to hear.

+1