Pre-match food and drink
This topic had had some column inches recently, but what are people’s personal preferences, giving a rough idea where they are located? We tend to do The Vine, but that’s now just out of tradition and did occasionally did the The Fanzone. I know there’s The Sportsman which I’m tempted to pop in to, as I believe the food is similar to The Vine’s, but is there anywhere a similar walk from The Hawthorns that might be worth a look? It’s a good combo of a pint and food, north or west of B71, we’re looking for. Thank you in anticipation of your views.
I don't know how you get to games? but using establishments one or two stops down the line from the Hawthorns train/tram station then heading to the game later seems to becoming more popular? maybe due to lack of decent places near the ground?
Depends, if I'm coming from work I'll stop off in the Jewellery Quarter or St Paul's on the tram for a drink and bite with a couple of mates as I'll be coming in from Birmingham, that or eating somewhere in the city centre. Might try the pub that was mentioned near Winston Green for the Reading game.

Otherwise I get the train from Warwick and have some lunch or breakfast in a cafe around there, there's an Italian sandwich shop a short walk from the station that's quite nice. That's probably not an option for most people.
I don't do any pre-match food or drink anymore.

Maybe ocassionally I'll grab a quick pint in the Square Peg, but they can be funny with colours being worn.

I would probably go a bit posh and do some 2 4 1 cocktails at Be At One, but they don't start til 2, so that would be pushing it!

Food - Chicken Balti Pie at the ground, or nothing.
Someone will be along in a minute to advise of West Brom’s top 10 tapas bars in a moment t
Used to be faggots n pays in The Wheatsheaf, then they stopped doing them and we made do with cheese and onion cobs. The Sportsman is good and I may have a few beers there, but God knows how early you need to be in there to get a table. Most of the Desi pubs are good, Red Lion has a couple of ales on, but I normally eat after the game. If it's pre match then City centre or Jewellery Qtr appear to be the smart bets.
A burger from a van every once in a while and a bottle of pop once inside.
(08-15-2019, 06:21 PM)Sotv Wrote: Someone will be along in a minute to advise of West Brom’s top 10 tapas bars in a moment t

I don’t know of any. Apologies.
New Soho Tavern. Best around IMO
(08-15-2019, 05:06 PM)11amstart Wrote: This topic had had some column inches recently, but what are people’s personal preferences, giving a rough idea where they are located? We tend to do The Vine, but that’s now just out of tradition and did occasionally did the The Fanzone. I know there’s The Sportsman which I’m tempted to pop in to, as I believe the food is similar to The Vine’s, but is there anywhere a similar walk from The Hawthorns that might be worth a look? It’s a good combo of a pint and food, north or west of B71, we’re looking for. Thank you in anticipation of your views.

We do the Grove now, food is excellent and no problem getting served.