West Brom - Rooney
(08-06-2019, 07:10 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 07:02 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 05:37 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Massive excitement in the city of Derby unfortunately!!  Even if he’s average out on the pitch don’t underestimate the boost, rise in profile and feel good factor he’s already giving them.
The Rooney shirts will be everywhere around here I fear Sad
So they are still taking the FFP thing seriously then?

They are, which is why they’ve done this player/coach thing as a way to get around it.

What difference does that make? I thought everyone including the tea lady was included in the figures.
(08-06-2019, 07:13 PM)Supamart Wrote: Like the player/coach thing, by this time next season there will be more coaches than players.

But moving to January, what’s going to happen if Derby are/or near mid table ?

Shame if he got an injury !
Thing I don’t get is where will the coaching role come from ? Is there a couple of nervous members of Cocu’s coaching team right now !! I would have thought he had his team in place.
(08-06-2019, 07:41 PM)Poppy’s dad Wrote: Thing I don’t get is where will the coaching role come from ? Is there a couple of nervous members of Cocu’s coaching team right now !! I would have thought he had his team in place.

Cocu said a couple of days ago when asked his coaching staff is full - evidently he didn’t tell the chairman.
(08-06-2019, 07:13 PM)Supamart Wrote: Like the player/coach thing, by this time next season there will be more coaches than players.

But moving to January, what’s going to happen if Derby are/or near mid table ?

He'll score 20 and they'll be promoted.

According to some.
I'm not really a big fan of Rooney's, but one thing he will do is raise the standards of the other players. He's the type of character who'll be on the pitch in their faces if they're not giving it everything. Could be a smart move.