Carroll, Sturridge & Welbeck
(08-06-2019, 09:50 AM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 09:48 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Must admit, Carroll would be worth a punt, IMO.

39 league goals in 11 seasons......go get him

Confused

I know it seems illogical, just a feeling. We seem to be able to get something out of players who have had injuries. In his pomp, defenders find him very hard to handle. He'd be most effective in the chump, I reckon.
(08-06-2019, 10:12 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 09:50 AM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 09:48 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Must admit, Carroll would be worth a punt, IMO.

39 league goals in 11 seasons......go get him

Confused

I know it seems illogical, just a feeling. We seem to be able to get something out of players who have had injuries. In his pomp, defenders find him very hard to handle. He'd be most effective in the chump, I reckon.

I think so too, but maybe that's me putting a positive spin on something that feels guaranteed to happen.
It is well known that Andy Carroll does not look after himself or keep himself fit during rehabs from injuries and this is why he keeps breaking down. He seems to think he can just stroll up on any given match day and just play. I'm not sure how he'd ever pass any medical.
I wouldn't touch any of them unless it was a "pay as you play" style deal, and even then I wouldn't touch Carroll, who is an absolute donkey.

Apparently Welbeck and Sturridge are still looking for £100k+ per week, so that's not even a consideration for us.
"I'm not a nerd Bart. Nerds are smart"
(08-06-2019, 11:44 AM)Fall Out Boy Wrote: I wouldn't touch any of them unless it was a "pay as you play" style deal, and even then I wouldn't touch Carroll, who is an absolute donkey.

Apparently Welbeck and Sturridge are still looking for £100k+ per week, so that's not even a consideration for us.

I saw something on the BBC from a Newcastle fan, he said sell Gayle to WBA and use the money to pay for Wellbeck!
(08-06-2019, 11:46 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 11:44 AM)Fall Out Boy Wrote: I wouldn't touch any of them unless it was a "pay as you play" style deal, and even then I wouldn't touch Carroll, who is an absolute donkey.

I saw something on the BBC from a Newcastle fan, he said sell Gayle to WBA and use the money to pay for Wellbeck!

Was it Jossy Blair?
(08-06-2019, 12:24 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 11:46 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 11:44 AM)Fall Out Boy Wrote: I wouldn't touch any of them unless it was a "pay as you play" style deal, and even then I wouldn't touch Carroll, who is an absolute donkey.

Was it Jossy Blair?

Andrew Neill...