Incoming ?
(08-05-2019, 07:46 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 07:45 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 06:40 AM)Lightnin Wrote: We’re in that week now where players that have played the waiting the game to see what they can get have to make a choice. Most of these players will be loans and the better loan players at that as they’d have been waiting for a call from a higher league.

I’d have thought we’d try to use the loan market a bit but wouldn’t be against offering Barry a further year.

If we are to offer Barry another year, and I wouldn't bet against it, I do wonder why we didn't sign him before the season started.

Barry is a wonderful player who has had a magnificent career, but i'm not sure signing him up would represent the best use of our resources. Understandably Barry would demand by championship standards a high wage, would that be justified.

Obviously we need a little bit more in the squad from an attacking perspective. But I would caution that signing good players is always difficult, and so it may not happen to the extent that we hope for.

Best guess would be we’ll sign him either if we fail to land a target or someone leaves.

Yes I think you are right, and Barry is probably mature enough to understand this.

But on the face of it, it does seem a bit disrespectful. We really wanted another player, but I suppose you will have to do.
(08-05-2019, 07:53 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 07:46 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 07:45 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 06:40 AM)Lightnin Wrote: We’re in that week now where players that have played the waiting the game to see what they can get have to make a choice. Most of these players will be loans and the better loan players at that as they’d have been waiting for a call from a higher league.

I’d have thought we’d try to use the loan market a bit but wouldn’t be against offering Barry a further year.

If we are to offer Barry another year, and I wouldn't bet against it, I do wonder why we didn't sign him before the season started.

Barry is a wonderful player who has had a magnificent career, but i'm not sure signing him up would represent the best use of our resources. Understandably Barry would demand by championship standards a high wage, would that be justified.

Obviously we need a little bit more in the squad from an attacking perspective. But I would caution that signing good players is always difficult, and so it may not happen to the extent that we hope for.

Best guess would be we’ll sign him either if we fail to land a target or someone leaves.

Yes I think you are right, and Barry is probably mature enough to understand this.

But on the face of it, it does seem a bit disrespectful. We really wanted another player, but I suppose you will have to do.

Or could just be seeing whether he actually recovers from his injury? Imagine the uproar if we had offered him a new contract in June and he never returned.

I’m sure the club are paying a retainer, not that he’s short of a bob or two
Barry is still recovering from his op. He would be able to sign after thursday.
(08-05-2019, 07:36 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 07:34 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 07:19 AM)Hopalong Wrote: There's movement;

Roofe to Anderlecht;
Noah (Monaco) to Brizzle;
Kalula (Basel) to Swans;
Wickham available

Nothing on WBA, yet.....would think by mid-morning things will start to move....

Mid morning?! Love the optimism!

I assume he meant Friday mid-morning.

Probably, the window closes Thursday night.  Not sure whether if Jenkins has told the rest of them....
From what I understand on Barry, he's happy to sign on a greatly reduced contract and Slav wants him, he's been around training all summer

His lad is at the acadamy so he's in no rush to go anywhere else and settled back in the area etc

Cuzer
(08-05-2019, 07:47 AM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote: Alan Hutton still to find a club......

Behave.
(08-05-2019, 09:08 AM)Cuzer Wrote: From what I understand on Barry, he's happy to sign on a greatly reduced contract and Slav wants him, he's been around training all summer

His lad is at the acadamy so he's in no rush to go anywhere else and settled back in the area etc

Cuzer

It would have to be MASSIVELY reduced contract, but he'd be a useful player to have around the place... with all the changes in the academy too there's probably an opportunity to combine playing and coaching if that's a route he's keen on going down.

Only concern with Barry is that he slows our midfield down, and I'd sooner Harper and Field were given game time ahead of him.
Barry is a class act if we was under pressure and we needed a player with composure and needed to take the heat out of the game he is the man to do it .....look it was great on Saturday with all the younger players in but it's a long hard season and they will tire and you need experience .
Gayle, Gayle, Gayle.....please.
I'd like four more; an experienced wide attacker and goalscorer, and a young (Premier league loan maybe) defender and striker.

I don't think we'll get them, but Saturday's bench proved how light we are.
Refugee from westbrom.com