Cahill
(08-03-2019, 09:57 AM)Duffers Wrote: Cahill? No thanks, too old, too expensive, has barely kicked a ball in a year.

Welbeck? No thanks, too crocked. Might as well get Sturridge and Carroll while we’re at it.

An against sighing geriatrics but it amazed me that Cahill is only 33.  Certainly not too old and no particular injuries. Being surplus to requirements at Chelsea doesn’t mean anything.

Wages?  He’s currently earning none.  Would all depend on his attitude to money versus playing for another 2 years.  If we could get him for £30k/week on a 1+1 basis we shouldn’t rule it out.
Regardless, can't see it happening.

Several PL clubs would be able to pay higher wages.

Shame though, as a Cahgazi defensive pairing would be peerless at our current level.
Yes to both, we need another cb cover that would allow Ajayi to play as a dm and we need numbers up top. If we could get in Holgate to cover RB and CB that would be preferable
I am still shocked we were not pushing United for the McGuire signing, booooo
(08-03-2019, 10:51 AM)Sliced Wrote: Yes to both, we need another cb cover that would allow Ajayi to play as a dm and we need numbers up top. If we could get in Holgate to cover RB and CB that would be preferable

No point getting numbers in up top of they’re only fit for 5 games a season.
(08-03-2019, 10:51 AM)Sliced Wrote: Yes to both, we need another cb cover that would allow Ajayi to play as a dm and we need numbers up top. If we could get in Holgate to cover RB and CB that would be preferable

Holgate to Sheffield United looks to be in play.  Might have to cross him off the list.
(08-03-2019, 09:25 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-03-2019, 09:13 AM)Pragmatist Wrote: Have heard of a potential link with Cahill, who’s only 33 (which surprised me).  Can’t see it happening, but would be an interesting one on a one-year contract and an option in our favour.  Is a free agent so is currently earning zilch.

Talk of Welbeck too

Welbeck wants a £5m signing on fee and about £75k a week!! Not happening
(08-03-2019, 12:04 PM)Lightnin Wrote:
(08-03-2019, 09:25 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-03-2019, 09:13 AM)Pragmatist Wrote: Have heard of a potential link with Cahill, who’s only 33 (which surprised me).  Can’t see it happening, but would be an interesting one on a one-year contract and an option in our favour.  Is a free agent so is currently earning zilch.

Talk of Welbeck too

Welbeck wants a £5m signing on fee and about £75k a week!! Not happening

Would rather a young hungry player, than a crocked greedy premier player, who's never been prolific.